Product

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December 30th through January 4th

Monday: traveled back up the coast to RI.
Late afternoon from the 561 to 401 Run w/Lulu..6+ miles at around 6:30 pace.  Felt pretty good, tough getting used to the cold.

Tuesday: SHS Distance Project
Mile warmup
4X200, 4X400, 4X200
First set of 200s all in the 32-33 range.
All 400s were between 68 and 69 and comfortable
Second set of 200s were all from 30-32.
Mile+ Cooldown on Infield.
(5)

Wednesday: Happy New Year!!
5+ miler with Gazelle through the North End of Westerly.  Enjoyed the run and conversation.  We hit the pool for a quick 15 minute swim post run.  Really starting to think about 2014 Tri Training now.

Thursday: a.m. an unexpected cancellation from school led me to a 45 minute spin class at the Y.  Polly Chorlton was the instructor and the workout was very solid.  We did a series of "sprints" and hill climbs.  I've been to a few of these classes in the past but this one may have been the best one I've been to with various reminders about form and cadence.  If I'm going to get better on the bike for my tris, I need to do more of these.

p.m. core work at home-bench press, abs, rows, stretch

Friday: Started the day off with some snow shoveling after yet another school cancellation.  After doing some work and chores around the house, I was able to get Gazelle and Boumenot to bite on an afternoon run.  I absolutely love running in snowy conditions, but could have done without the frigid temps and wind.  7 miles..very solid, fun run.
(7)

My crazy friends

Add caption



p.m. 45 minute spin class at the Y with the Gazelle.  We are trying to keep each other honest with getting some pre-season bike work in.  Many of my 2014 Goals are tied into tris..need to get on the bike.

Saturday: Started off with Core Work with Shara..Did a series of burpees, climbers, and high jumps (who am I trying to kid, I have no-ups what-so-ever).  Then did two circuits of planks, rows, side planks, shoulder presses, abs, etc.  I then jumped on the dreadmill and did an unplanned 5 mile progression run in 32 minutes.
(5)

p.m. went ice skating at Boss Arena.


Totals:
Miles: 5X, 28 miles (mileage extra short because I included my Sunday run into last week)
Lulu:1X, 4 miles
Swim: 1X, 15 minutes
Bike: 2X, 90 minute spin
Core: 2X, 60 minutes
Other: Ice Skating: 90 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment