Product

Sunday, January 5, 2014

January 5th through January 11th..

Sunday: a.m. 4 miles on icy Weekapaug roads at 7 am.  With massive fog out at sea, you could literally see the weather changing.  Still felt really cold out there.
p.m. 40 minute cycle on the trainer.  My first ride with this bad boy after buying it from Boumenot. Serious sweat machine...hopefully, riding this here and there will help me on the bike come spring.

Monday: late afternoon miserable 6 miler in the heavy rain.  I hate winter, especially this one!

Tuesday: I hate winter!  I've decided that I'm a huge supporter of Team Boumenot.  Forget the cold, I don't care how hot the summer gets, it's better than this weather.  Anyway, due to the awesome temperatures, track practice was inside the school today.  I came up with a core routine with some run specific stuff.
5 minute jog in hallway (which felt like 5 miles)
3X5 sets of small stairs w/90 second planks
10X100m strides in the hallway
Core Exercise Sets:
#1 Climbers, Jumping Jacks, Body Weight Squats

#2 Burpees, Bridge, Side Planks

#3 Superman, Planks, Jump in place, Opposite arm/opposite leg

After finishing up the kiddies, I went home for a 3 miler on my treadmill.
By the way, I hate winter!

Wednesday: 6 hill freeze pops followed by a light log with Lulu..3.5 miles total
Night spin session at the Y with the Gazelle..45 minutes of sweat..really felt this one.
Post spin, Gazelle shot off to his son Mark's swim meet.  I'm sure Mark took care of business in the water.

Thursday: SHS Distance Project
Mile warmup, 200, 200, 800, 600, 400, 300 (32, 32, 2:25, 1:45, 66, 50)
Mile cooldown & stretch
(4)

In addition to developing workouts, offering suggestions, and encouraging the kids, I've been sparring with the team's top guy..trying to show him tricks of the trade and how to beat old guys like me!

Friday: 4 mile run with Lulu. Afterwards, Gazelle and I hit the pool.
500 warmup, 6X50m kick, 6X50 free style, 3X50 (25 H, 25 E)
1100 total  Struggled in the pool.

Saturday-easy 9 miler with Gazelle and Jonny...nice mix or roads and trails.  I really enjoyed the rolling hills out in this area.  Special thanks to Jonny for accommodating my minimal trail request to prevent swelling/soreness.

Totals:
Run: 7X, 35 miles
Lulu run: 2X, 4.5 miles
Swim: 1X, 1100 yds
Bike: 2X, 85 minutes
Core:1X 60 minutes

Very well balanced week...I'll take it.

1 comment: