Product

Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 22nd through December 28th-Spreading Christmas Cheer

Sunday-40 minute swim at the Y.  Had to get an early one in today and opted to hit the pool since I've been so sore lately.  As I'm about to start my swim, I go to put my goggles on and the back band immediately rips.  I tried to come up with a make shift fix, but it just wasn't happening.  I decided I'd just tough and try to swim with my head above the water.  After a few minutes of my struggle, an older gentlemen named Doug stopped his workout and asked me if I wanted to borrow a pair of goggles?  I immediately responded, "Absolutely, I'd be most appreciative."  He then tells me that if he finishes his workout first, that I could just leave the goggles at the front desk when I leave. I responded, "Oh no, I want to make sure you get them back, I'll give them to you if you get out first."  He told, "No way, finish your workout and leave them up there."  Sure enough.  I had a nice swim thanks to Doug as he spread his Christmas Cheer!!

Monday-
am..3 miles light..still sore and achy..probably 8 minute + pace.
pm..Christmas Group Light Run-10k..starting off this run in the rain, but it was totally worth it.  I really enjoyed the sites and roads of Pawcatuck.  Thanks Boumenot for hosting!  Good fun having Gazelle, Gazelle Jr. & Johnny E. out there.
(9)

Tuesday: SHS Distance Project Christmas Eve Workout..
Warmup
2X800, 1X400, 1X800, 1X400
(2:28, 2:28, 70, 2:31, 67)
Cooldown
(6)

Kind of cool to workout with some enthusiastic high distance runners.  I was trying to preach the importance of consistency with paces and staying relaxed during repeats to the kids.  It seems like they listen, but aren't always able to translate it to their training.  Originally I had planned for there to be more volume in this workout, but everyone was cashed in after the first few sets.  With wind on track and more seasonal temps, I decided it would be best to cut the workout short.  Since the coach was winded as well, it certainly didn't take much to cut this one down.  Overall, I was happy with the work that the kids put in.

Wednesday: Christmas Get My Fix 5 miler on local roads.  Had afternoon Christmas at my parents and then headed out to FL in the pm.

Thursday: easy 4 miler in Lake Worth, FL..huge temperature change that I welcomed!

Friday: 4 miles of running in between circuits at John Prince Park Fit Trail w/Shara.  When I visited FL in 2012, I found out that these little trails are all over South, FL.  They are usually a mile loop on gravel or mulch with various stations throughout.  Did a series of pullups, pushups, body weight squats, dips, jumping jacks, etc..challenging and fun.  Hit Fort Lauderdale in the afternoon and took a quick dip in the ocean.

Saturday: 6 miler with 8X400 mixed in on a soccer field..just based times off of 70 second efforts.
In the afternoon, I went on a "Gator Hunt" in the northern Everglades.  Ended up seeing 7 gators.

Gator Hunting!
Less than 8 feet away!

Sunday: Okeehelee Fit Trail Circuits with Shara including 3 miles of running.





Fit Trail
More Okeeheelee..neat place.

Once we finished, I shot out for a "hardish" mile on the cedar packed trail..hit it in 5:25.
After the mile, I spotted the only hill I could find in Florida and decided on doing a few strides up it. (4+)







Totals:
Run Miles: 8X, 38 miles
Lulu's Miles: 0
Swim: 1X, 40 minutes
Bike: 0
Other: 3 hours/5 miles of canoeing in the Glades.

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics from FL, Tom. Glad we don't have gators in RI.

    ReplyDelete