Product

Sunday, January 19, 2014

January 19th through January 25th

Sunday: 7 miles broken up..
Decided to go after some "hard" miles early..paces: 549, 545, 544, 5:56 (.8) and was dying by the end.  I came home, took a break,  and headed back out with Shara and Lulu for some additional miles.

Monday: Just under 9 miles around Winnapaug Pond w/ Gazelle.
Spirited effort: 6:49, 6:32, 6:31, 6:30, 6:27, 6:23, 6:28, 6:10, 6:08 (mile p/.66 miles).  Pretty happy with this run.

Shortly after the run I headed over to SHS for my Distance Project.  A small crew of runners today, but they came to work, which made me happy.  I had no intentions of working out with them today, but wanted to "help" one of the kids through his workout..3X400 (kids did 4), 2X200 (70, 69, 70, 33, 33).  All of the repeats felt nice and like I was playing around.
(11 on the day)

Tuesday: the snow wrecked havoc on my original training plans and I ended up hitting my basement "torture chamber" for some mill time and biking.  3 miles on the dreadmill in 22 minutes that felt like I was running 6 minute pace.  Later on in the evening, I jumped on the trainer for 45 minutes of cycling while listening to ACDC and watching the Bruins in 2 on NESN.  Good stuff.

Wednesday: SNOW DAY!  So, yeah, we might be going to school until July, but in the meantime, I'll take advantage of extra run and training opportunities.  Ran an awesome 8 miles at a comfortable pace with Gazelle through Champlain snowy trails and on lightly snow covered roads in Misquamicut.  Fun!

pm: 45 minutes of SPIN class w/Gazelle.  I tried to wear my biking shoes on the spin bike and they didn't fit..it made things ackward, but I still landed a solid workout.
Thursday: Spin or Swim?

Thursday: 1800 yds of swim at the Y. 500 warmup, 6X50 kick, 6X50 on 60, 4X100 (easier), cooldown.

Friday: 430 Insanity Club w/Gazelle and Boumenot on Weekapaug roads.   There is no way I would have hit the roads this morning without the "encouragement" of my crazy friends.  Multiple layers of clothes made this one tolerable.  Good fun and glad I did this run. (6)

Saturday: 2200 yds at LA Fitness in Milford w/Shara.  Yup, today I got schooled in swimming.
500 warmup, 400, 2X200, 4X100, 6X50, 100 cooldown..completely trashed by the end.  This was the hardest swim workout I've been through to date.  My form still stinks, but I'm optimistic that these kinds of sessions will make me more efficient come tri season.

Totals:
Run miles: 6X, 35 miles
Lulu: 1X, 3 miles
Swim: 2X, 3000yds
Bike: 2X 30 miles
Core: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment