Product

Sunday, January 28, 2018

January 22 to 28

Monday, 1/22-10k with Riley & Lulu with a light rain coming down.  My neck and back really flared up since the previous day's long run and I could feel some pain down my left side.  Ran through Cove Road and Weekapaug area about just over 7 minute pace.

Tuesday, 1/23-5.5 miles with Riley.  Decided to stay in the neighborhood in the event the pain was not bearable.  I made it through and running laps through the neighborhood wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Spent a few extra minutes stretching post run and made an appointment for a PT assessment.

Wednesday, 1/24-6.1 miles at 6:54 pace with the dogs.  Still feeling and dealing with neck/back and left side soreness/light pain.

*Went to PT and figured out my pelvis is off track.  It's likely the neck, back, and general pain on my left side were caused by this. To help with the issue, I'll be starting to go to PT 1x/week.  I'm hopeful but nervous about the injury's impact on my marathon plans.

Thursday, 1/25- 6 miles from my house down to Misquamicut, out and back on Breach, by the Weekapaug Inn, and back home.  Ran at just over 7 minute pace. Windy and cooler.  Finished with 6X100 strides.  (1)

Friday, 1/26-30 minute stretch.

Saturday, 1/27-11 miles at Ninigret.  Playing it safe, I thought this was one of the best places I could go for a long run this week as it's flat and has multiple bail out options.  I was generally tight but found the run to be tolerable and 11 miles was just about right.  It was a beautiful morning on the trails, roads, and fields of Ninigret.  Wish I could have run the Chili 5k later in the day, but had another commitment..hopefully next year.   6:45 pace for the run.  5th LR for this training cycle.

Sunday, 1/28-7 miles from Avondale and through Watch Hill.  Met up with Team Run While You Can (RWYC) in the rain for a peppy yet controlled cruise.  RWYC, which is managed by Jeff Vuono, had a total of 10 runners this morning.   Ran with the group for a mile and then Gazelle and I went harder for the remaining 6 miles.  Today was a good day and I felt pretty good.

Mileage: 42 miles
Stretching: at least an hour
PT sessions: 1

Synopsis:  Not a great week but happy to still be running.  In general, I'm worried about the impact of my alignment issues on my training.  With a need to do long runs and train at a relatively high volume, I will proceed with caution.  I'm hoping it's a little bump in the road that will pass by.   I'm concerned but not in panic mode...yet.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment