Product

Sunday, February 4, 2018

January 29 through February 4

Monday, January 29th-6.1 mile dog jogs.  Mondays are always tough waking up and getting out there door.  With a short window to get my morning run in and looming responsibilities, I usually don't spend too much time dwelling on whether I should or shouldn't run unless something is really up.  Anyway, I ran the first 5 miles with Riley and final mile with Lulu.  Ran a little different loop-through Weekapaug, then back down Shore, up Piezzo, and then picked up Lulu for a sub 6:30 mile around the block.  Back tight but not painful.  Need to keep stretching!

Tuesday, January 30th-7.1 miles with Riley.  An unexpected SNOW run.  Took advantage of running on unplowed roads in a few inches of snow. Very enjoyable.  7:13 pace for the run.

Wednesday, January 31st-icy 10k with the dogs.  Riley for 4+ and Lulu for the last couple.  An eclipse was taking place later in the morning but the moon was amazing.  It lit up some areas of the road which was helpful with avoiding some icy spots.  Feeling congested and some light back soreness (getting better though).  Time to keep grinding away. 43:30, 7:00 minute pace.

Thursday, February 1st-5.4 miles at an average of 6:45 pace with the dogs.  In usual sequence, I ran Riley 4 miles and Lulu about 1.5 miles.  Temperatures were slightly above freezing, which was nice.  Roads were better today but salt filled.  Upon arrival home, Riley was favoring one of his paws.  Post run I washed both of their paws and will put some musher's wax on their paws tonight.  Still tight but not in pain.

PT in the afternoon.

Friday, February 2nd-had a delay to start my work day and slept in an extra 30 minutes which was nice.  I then stretched and did stuff for 35 minutes.  These days are important.

Saturday, February 3rd-15 mile run @ an average of 6:39 pace for the run.  Frigid start as my thumbs were numb for the first few miles.  The remainder of the run was enjoyable and the ocean views were outstanding.  I looped through Misquamicut, Watch Hill, and back into town to the Y just in time for H's swim lesson.   Some back soreness and was all knotted up post run.  Ran into Jeff Huckle during the last couple of miles.  Week 5 of my LRs.

Sunday, February 4th-7.1 miles @ an average of 6:39 pace (again).  Joined the RWYC crew for the first couple of miles and ran the rest on my own.  The last 3 miles were speedy (sub 6:20).  Pre-run and shortly after waking up my back started bugging me.  I was able to loosen up a bit the first couple of miles.  Right back to being tight/sore in my back post run.  Really enjoy the vibe of the RWYC crew.

Weekly miles: 47 miles
PT sessions: 1 (Total of 3 sessions now)
Other: lots of time applying heat and trying to stretch out.

Synopsis: A solid week of running and mileage despite some lingering neck/back issues.  I was happy to get the 15 miler in but wish I could get past the back stuff and resume regular training.  I do feel that it is better than the beginning of last week.  Once I can get myself together physically, I can slowly bump up the training again.  Hanging in there though.










No comments:

Post a Comment