Product

Monday, January 1, 2018

December 25 through December 31

Monday, December 25th-Merry Christmas.  5 miles through Weekapaug with Shara.  Did an extra mile of strides when we arrived home.  Fun first Christmas with Haley, family, and dogs (they are family too).

Tuesday, December 26th-7 miles..first 6 with Riley mostly on Weekapaug Golf Course and final mile with Lulu.  Spent the remainder of the day chasing tile and installing in a bathroom at my house with my Dad.  Besides the tile chasing, good fun installing and learning from my Dad.

Wednesday, December 27th-11 mile Boombridge Loop with Gazelle.  Love running through the rolling country roads and farms.  Cold morning, solid pace.  Finished with a 500 yd swim at the Y.  Good stuff.  Wish I had more time to fit in runs like this one.

Thursday, December 28th-a frigid 7 recovery miles at Ninigret with Mikey and Gazelle.  I was wearing multiple layers of clothing and still feeling cool.  Ninigret is one of my favorite spots to run and an added bonus to run with the guys.  Unthawed at Dave's Coffee with a hot chocolate.
Great spot.  Mikey hates WINTER and is less than enthused by the temps.
Photo courtesy of Jeff
Friday, December 29th-4 frigid miles w Shara at 7:30 pace.  Ran locally through a dirt road that I really enjoy running on.  Normally I just do core on Fridays but took advantage of being able to run with Shara on a vacation day.


Saturday, December 30th-15 miles from the Arcadia Y with Gazelle.  It was my first time running in this area and it certainly didn't disappoint.  We ran a mix of very rural country, dirt, and snow covered roads.  The big challenges of the day were frigid temps (around 10 degrees) and rolling hills.  Quads sore at the end of the run but felt really good the rest of the day.  Interesting note from the run: we only saw one vehicle for the first 10 miles.  Ran at 7:02 pace for the run with a bunch of miles at sub 7 along the way.  Calling this my first "official" long run for 26.2 training. 


Sunday, December 31st-spent the cast majority of the day working on a bathing renovation project at my house.  Huge kudos to my Dad for all of his help and guidance with it.  It was such a busy day that I didn't get the chance to get out there until about 5:40 pm.  It was frigid but I wasn't ended 2017 with a 0. I ended up running 4.1 miles around Weekapaug at an average of 6:55 pace.


NYE at Weekapaug Beach.  2017 was a good one!




Weekly Mileage: 54.6 
Synopsis: Really happy with my mileage through the holiday season.  It was a super busy week but I benefitted from having extra flexibility with time.  I really enjoyed just about every run and plugged out my first "official" long run for my marathon training.  Great way to end 2017 despite the frigid temps.





No comments:

Post a Comment