Product

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

January 15 to 21

Monday, 1/15-MLK Day-7.5 miles. Took the bait on a workout with Mikey B at the WHS Track.  On tap for the day was 5X1000m with 2 minutes rest.  We warmed up for a mile and then went after it. All of my reps were between 3:31 and 3:28.  While fun, I found the entire workout to be a grind with some lingering quad soreness from my weekend long run and battling the wind on one side of the track or other.   We cooled down in town and through Wilcox Park.  Good stuff.

Tuesday, 1/16-6 mile morning roller with Riley down Shore Road and through my parents' neighborhood.

Wednesday, 1/17-6.2 miler filler run with Riley through Cove Road and looping through Weekapaug.  Finished with four strides.  We were supposed to land 1-3 inches of snow but it just didn't happen.  I was looking forward to running a couple of miles in the white stuff.  Oh well.

Thursday, 1/18-7 miles on the Y treadmill.  I opted be a wimp and to take it indoors as I wanted to do some hills and control the distance, incline, and pace of my run.  After a 10 minute warmup, I did 10X400 meters H with 400 meters of easy running.  For the first 6, I ran inclines of 2.5-4.0 at about 5:25-5:45 pace.  By the 6th rep I was feeling it and thought it would make most sense to run the remaining 4s at 0.5 incline.  I kept all of those reps around 5:05-5:12 pace.  Cooled down a bit.  Good workout.  I do find some value in the treadmill stuff.

Friday, 1/19-30 minute stretch.  Super tired.

Saturday, 1/20-7.6 mile run with Riley.  Ran the first 5.5 on local roads through Weekapaug, WGC, and Rockridge to my parents house.  We made a quick stop at my parents to wish Allie a happy birthday.  Riley met my parents pups for the first time and wasn't as nice as I'd hoped he'd be.  I'm going to have to slowly introduce him to them.  Ran 2.1 miles home. Solid.

Sunday, 1/21-18 mile run through country roads-Diamond Hill, Tomaquag Valley, Tomaquag,  Collins,  Woodville Alton, Woodville,  Switch Rd,  and 91 back to my vehicle.  A hilly and challenging run.  Just wasn't feeling it today.  Felt like a cold was coming on and some back pain came about around mile 14.  I was happy with the effort and route, but not how I felt, especially the back pain and tightness.

Weekly miles: 52.6

Synopsis: Really happy with three consecutive 50 mile weeks, getting in two workouts also good.  Big concern is the back/neck pain and tightness.  I'm going to have to back off this upcoming week and be as preventative as possible.  Not sure on a LR or any hard efforts.

1 comment:

  1. There should be no shame in how you get in your miles, treadmill or roads or trails!!! You did it and you get value out of it, period.

    Yeah introducing new dogs is never fun. Definitely something for a neutral territory. Hope it goes better next time.

    Happy Barkday to Allie and I hope she is enjoying having some puppies to train!

    ReplyDelete