Product

Monday, January 15, 2018

January 8 to 14

Monday, January 8th-6 mile snowy slog through Weekapaug. Pretty sore from Saturday's workout and Sunday's long run.  Still cold out and just not pumped to run this morning.  Some days it can be a grind.  On a positive note, my four legged training buddy, Riley, was back out there with me.

Tuesday, January 9th-6 miles with Riley through Weekapaug and the end of Misquamicut.  Warmer but windy.  Riley spotted a coyote just a short way down the road from us in the darkness.  He let out an excited bark and the coyote took off.  I was happy not to cross paths.  I do not look forward to seeing coyotes, especially when running with a dog.

Wednesday, January 10th-7.2 mile workout on a Y treadmill.  Warmed up a mile and then did 4X 1 mile with about 2 minutes jog rest between reps (5:36, 5:36, 5:27, 5:20).  Cooled down for a mile and finished with 3X25 seconds hard/easy.  The treadmill isn't my first choice for a workout but it's better than cold, icy roads in the dark when you are trying to get some work done.

Thursday, January 11th-6.2 miles with Riley.  It was an enjoyable morning with no wind and temps above freezing.  We ran down the Cove Road area, which I really enjoy. Didn't push and covered the run around 6:50 pace.  Nice to be back in shorts!

Friday, January 12th-40 minutes of stretching...felt especially tight doing some basic stuff today but that's why I stretch I guess.  I don't love stretching but know I need to do it if I want to stay in the game.

Saturday, January 13th-17.3 mile rolling loop from my house, down Rt. 1, Klondike, Buckeye Brook, Shumankanuc, Burdickville, 91, and finished at Manfredi Farm on Dunns Corners Road.  I hadn't planned this one out until right before the run.  The main goal of the run was to get some hills in and I did that.  I felt pretty strong on this one and was happy with the overall result as I never felt like I had to push.  My hands were super cold towards the end of the run.  Average pace: 6:26/mile.  Approximately 900 ft of climbing according to Strava.  3rd long run of my build up.

Sunday, January 14th-7.5 miles of dog jogs.  Ran through Weekapaug to Misquamicut Beach with Riley and finished in the neighborhood with Lulu.  Quads a little sore from yesterday.

Weekly mileage: 50 miles

Synopsis: Pretty happy with hitting three 50 mile weeks in a row.  Highlight of the week was my long run and I was happy with the results of my treadmill workout. 

Immediate goal ahead: maintain consistency and continue to build without getting hurt or overdoing it. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment