Product

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

December 18 to December 24

Monday, 12/18
5.4 miles with Riley at 7:05 pace on local roads.  Barely made it out there this morning as the baby was up for a big chunk of the night.  Thought about sleeping in, but knew the extra sleep wouldn't make me feel happier later in the day.  I made it, but the early miles were a struggle.

Tuesday, 12/19
6.1 miles with the dogs at 6:53 pace.  Ran Riley for 5 miles, Lulu for 1+.  My calves were tight at the start so I took it easy at the start and just let the run come to me.  When I was a college freshmen I had a teammate who used to always tell me, "sometimes you just need to let the run happen."  He didn't love that I liked to push the pace.  Even though I don't always follow his advice, his words resonated with me.  Despite wet and darks roads, it was an enjoyable morning with temps in the high 30s and no wind.

Wednesday, 12/20
a.m. 4.3 mile dog jog.  First with Riley and finished with Lulu.  Temps were in the 40s.  It was a nice morning to run.  Calves still oddly sore and I kept it short since the annual Christmas Light Run was taking place at night.

p.m. 5 mile Annual Christmas Light Run.  Been doing this run since at least 2013.  Very happy to keep the tradition going.  Solid group: Mikey B, Chris, JV, Gazelle, and Paul Gray.  Thanks to Mikey B for organizing! Ran right around 8 minute pace

Thursday, 12/21
6.1 mile run..4+ with Riley, about another mile with Lulu, and finished with 6 strides for good measure.  Felt better than previous days.  Oddly, my hop flexor started bothering me later in the day.  Think it could have been caused by playing gaga ball with the kids at school.  A rest day should help.

Friday, 12/22
30 minute light stretch on very little sleep. Picked up my in-laws at midnight..feeling tired

Saturday, 12/23
7 miles on the treadmill in 42 minutes.  It was a really raw day and I thought hitting the mill would be a smart move to test out my hip.  Ended warming up for 10 minutes and then did an unplanned workout of 3X 5 min H/5 min E.  H paces were between 5:15-5:18 and rest was around 6:30.  Solid.
Ended up with a 200 yd swim in the pool trying to to loosen up.

Sunday, 12/24
Met up with Gazelle and Riley at Burlingame Camp Grounds for a run.  Ran a mix of campground and Kimball trails.  Very enjoyable run and good catch up with Gazelle.

A pretty excited guy
The Overlook..cool spot



Total miles: 41
Highlights: Keeping the Christmas Light Run tradition going and the run in Bgame with Riley and Jeff. It was also nice to get a workout in..even if unplanned.  Downside: not getting an LR in.







No comments:

Post a Comment