Product

Friday, June 6, 2014

June 1st through June 7th

Sunday-am: 22 mile morning cruise..met w/Gazelle, Boumenot, & Garv for a solid morning ride.  The air was crisp, cool, and enjoyable.  Stopped at Dave's Coffee where I ordered a tasty hot chocolate courtesy of Gazelle.

Later in the morning...YMCA Backroad Ramble 5k, 2nd, 18:07
Results
(4+ miles total)

Post race: 3/4 mile swim w/Shara in the pond.

Very solid training day and lots of fun had..
Really enjoyed the BRR course, wish I could have caught the top guy, but I'll settle it as a solid training day. Hope to get a race report together to.

Monday-am 430 Club-4.5 miles
pm 3.8 miles

Tuesday-19 mile afternoon ride through Misquamicut..hit some solid segments.
Later in the evening, took a 3 mile night jog with Lulu.

Wednesday-445 Club-4 mile run.  Had a small window to run workout today-this was it.

Thursday-5 miles on the treadmill @ tempo pace..did middle two miles at 535 pace.
Post run: 1500 yd swim.

Friday: am 1300 yd swim
pm: 5 mile run..felt slow and exhausted.

Saturday: Pawcatuck Lions 5k, 16:53, 1st
Results
518, 519, 533

After a short warmup, the race was off!  Throughout Mile 1, I felt smooth..actually I felt like I was jogging.  As I progressed through Mile 2, I was completely all alone and came through at 519.  After Mile 2, I was really starting to feel the heat while also feeling like I was in no-man's land.  There was absolutely no one around..no other runners, no pace car, no spectators.  Unfortunately my pace dropped and the final mile felt like 5 miles...considering I've been running races lately as training events, I was fine with crossing the line in a comfortable 16:53.  Not happy with that last mile though.

It was a very fun race with Gazelle taking second, Boumenot third, Shara taking the Women's race, and having my boys Crutch & Schonning in the race.  Good fun!

Here we go!

Team WTAC




Totals:
Run: 8X, 32 miles
Lulu run: 1X, 3 miles
Swim: 3X, 4500yd
Bike: 2X, 42 miles

1 comment: