Product

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 22 to 28

Sunday-OMG Triathlon, 2:00:17, 15th overall
Results .9 swim, 40k bike, 10k run.

Monday: 4 mile run-sore knee and loaded with blisters, 14 mile easy bike w/Shara

Tuesday: am 3/4 mile swim at Burlingame
pm 6 mile run..The good: found a new loop to run that includes a trail that is fit for Boumenot and I.  It may be private property but I didn't see any signs!  The bad: random knee tightness/soreness.  It's a dull pain/irritation.  I worry about a stress fracture, but still think it is general tightness.  Stretched post run.  After Friday, I am considering a temporary shut down from running..We will see..

Wednesday: WTAC Fun Run..17:48 at a comfortably hard pace..it was really fun the first mile running/chatting with Muddy and Gazelle. Humid night..5+ total..knee tightness post run.



Thursday: 25 minutes of core work (pushups, planks, rows) followed by a 4 mile run..knee bothered me.



Friday: am:1 mile group swim from the Westerly Town Beach
pm:3 mile run, WTAC Bottone Mile at SHS, and then another 3 miles with Shara & Lulu when we arrived home (8).  I had an absolute blast running the mile race.  Just disappointed in myself that I was not able to chase down the race winner in the last 100m.  I was so close but not close enough.  The was the first mile race I ran since my college days..wish I did some focused workouts prior to this race and that I had more chances to run this distance.



Saturday: 60 mile bike ride on Rhode Warrior Course with Gazelle & Boumenot.  In my opinion the bike course is absolutely brutal.  The race itself will be a slugfest, but I'm still looking forward to it.
Post-ride: trashed.



Run: 7X, 33 miles
Lulu: 1X, 3 miles..backyard loops instead..too hot
Swim: 3X, 3/3/4 mile
Bike: 3X, 90 miles

1 comment:

  1. Agree on your Rhode Warrior bike course "brutal" assessment. The Chariho and Route 91 sections should be fast and fun; most of the rest is going to be hilly and taxing.
    Knee issues popped up too many times in your blog posting this week; hope you're able to get past that issue soon.

    ReplyDelete