Product

Monday, June 30, 2014

June 29 through July 5

Sunday-I made myself sleep in this morning.  After being completely trashed from Saturday's ride and last week's training, I slept all the way 730 am. Awesome I guess.  The rest of my day consisted of small series of fitness activities.  Here goes:
A) 1 mile Ocean Swim with Shara from the Westerly Town Beach.
B) 3.5 mile run through Haversham loop post swim solo..averaged 630 pace.
C) Easy 3 mile beach cruise with Gazelle that included a Boumenot sighting.
D) Post dinner run with Shara and Lu.


Monday-am: light stretching and some random plank sets.
pm: 5 miles..incorporating 4X400 w/300 jog rest at Hell Field.  I had absolutely nothing today..felt like trash out there.

Tuesday: am-choppy 1 mile ocean swim before work w/Shara. Lowlight on the morning: someone stole my old towel from the life guard stand.
pm-21 mile bike ride at a solid pace with some decent climbs.

Wednesday: am: 4+ miles on my new loop..6:20 average pace
pm..WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run..17:22 hard tempo pace.

Thursday: 5+ mile afternoon run + 4 easy hill pops on a hot afternoon...knee bothering me.
Also did a 45 minute spin class at the Y with Shara.

Friday: 3/4 of a mile swim at Burlingame and then a 5 mile run in Burlingame..nice group activity before the heavy rains came.

Saturday: am-47 mile coastal ride with Gazelle and Boumenot from Westerly to Noank/Groton Long Point and back.  Enjoyable ride.

pm-45 minute stretching/lifting routine trying to work on hip flexibility.  I did a series of bench presses and made it up to a few reps on 175..I'll take that for now!

Totals:
Run: 8X, 32 miles-not happy with the on-going tightness discomfort in the knee.
Lulu's miles: 1X, 3 miles
Swim: 3X, 2 3/4 miles
Bike: 2X, 68 miles + 1X, 45 minute spin class
Core: 2X, 60 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Figured I'd catch up on Florida running, but apparently you've picked up B's bad blogging habits.

    ReplyDelete