Product

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June 8 through 14

Sunday-35 mile bike group ride..scenic route from my house to the Y, through Pawcatuck, NoSto/184, Mystic, and back through Greenhaven.  Highlight of the ride was the Pequot Hill Climb where Lance Garwin dropped the hammer.  We stopped for awhile and checked out the swim portion of the Mystic River Valley Tri.  Headed towards home and a nice coffee/hot chocolate break in Westerly.

Post ride brick: 4 miles with Gazelle..636, 535, 625, 553..solid.

Monday: 2200 yd swim at the Y, 20 minute basement weight session in the evening (bench, bent over row, twists, pull-ups).

Tuesday: 9 miles from my house through Misquamicut and back.  Humid and tired.

Wednesday: 16 miles on the bike..a windy mess through Misquamicut.
WTAC Fun Run..523, 541, 529..17:24, 2nd
I was feeling really slow and lazy post ride.  Dropped Lulu off for a visit to my parents and they were serving up spaghetti & meatballs...this meal made me think about bailing on the fun run but I just couldn't do it.  Mile warmup w/Nick Celico, enjoyed the Kids' Race (sorry Gazelle for messing up my Sweeper assignment) and then run time.  Nick Celico, Hendricken Junior, updated me on his recent outstanding high school track season and intentions to run 16:30 tonight.  I immediately apologized letting him know that my intentions were to run around 6 minute pace.  Once Tommy McCoy started the race, Nick was off like a bullet and I only saw him from a distance for the remainder of the race. As I started my own run, I had a Gazelle right on my shoulder.  The pace felt sprint like-but I was thinking we were running 6 pace since he has a race Friday night (Note: Gazelle's don't get tired and have no need to taper).  Approaching the mile, I crossed in 523..I was somewhat happy with that time and continued on with the rest of my run.  The second mile felt slow and it was (541)..third mile a little better (529) and  I was happy to finish.  Mile group warmdown.  Fun. (5)

Kudos to Gazelle and Garwin (pushing Seb) on some fast times.


Thursday: 7+ miles on local roads..
Interesting things on today's run..wondering if Haversham Rd. somehow connects to Shelter Harbor?
-Sailboat perched on Weekapaug Beach.
Felt tired as usual.

Friday: 1200yd swim at 5 am
pm: 5 miler...post run major tightness and soreness.  Later in the evening went to a retirement party and it hurt while sitting!  Not good.

Saturday: Canceled my ride with Garv, Gazelle, and Schons.  Unfortunately both Boumenot and I were down for the count.  Instead I went for a 1+ mile swim in the Weekapaug Salt Pond with Shara.

Totals:
Run: 4X, 25 miles
Lulu: 0..working in the back yard
Swim: 3X, 5200 yds (might be the most I've ever done)
Bike: 2X, 51 miles

Synopsis: with a bunch of big events coming up I'm concerned about this knee tightness.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever find out if Haversham connects to Shelter Harbor?

    ReplyDelete