Product

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

May 25th through 31st

Sunday-1600 yd swim at the Y.  Went a little after 7 and the place was packed.
8 mile run from my house down to the State Beach and back to Weekapaug.  Intended on running next to my parents while they rode their bikes--I couldn't stay anywhere near them.  Speedy clip.

Monday-49 mile morning group ride (Garwin, Gazelle, Boumenot, and new guy Dave).  I almost bailed on this ride due to issues with my rode bike.  Gazelle convinced me to join the crew on my hybrid..good decision.  Very fun ride through small Rhode Island towns that included some solid hill climbs and scenic views.  Towards the end of the ride, Boumenot treated us to a coffee stop at D & D..best part of the ride! Later in the day, I took my first ocean plunge of the year and went for a quick dip in the Long Island Sound down in Milford, CT with Shara.

Tuesday-6+ miles on local roads.  Incorporated 4 hill pops on Meadowridge..I was really, really sore today from yesterday's ride.

Wednesday-5 mile run through Glacier Park.  The run itself took 40 minutes...the windy trails kept the pace slow but the effort really didn't feel like 8s..
1400 yd swim at the Y.  Met Boumenot who is ramping up his TRI training.  Good to get this swim in.  We are approaching June and I still can't fathom an ocean swim yet..may be starting open water swimming in a pond.

Thursday-20 mile ride through Westerly with Gazelle.  Rode some spirited segments.
Weekapaug Point

An energetic Gazelle.."I just kicked 5k's butt in a segment."



Friday-1200yd swim at Y
7 mile run (3 solo hard, 4 with Shara/Lulu)

Saturday-13 miles as part of Garwin Breakfast run.  Great fun, great trails, great food, great team.
14 mile ride w/Shara

Run: 5X, 39 miles
Lulu: 1X, 4 miles and lots of loops in the back yard
Swim: 3X, 4200 yds
Bike: 4X, 72 miles

*Solid overall volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment