Product

Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8th through 14th

Sunday-Hot Chocolate 5k, 16:50, 13th
Always wanted to do this race...frigid temps, rolling hills, Christmas Party the night before, Calf/Ankle issues...I'll take it.  Hope to provide a better race report soon.
(6)

Monday-SHS Distance Practice
After monitoring all of the kids do drills, I took the distance kids out for a mile warmup.  From there we jumped into 6X400 w/100 walk, 200 jog, 100 walk rest.  I preached consistency to the kids.  Old guy splits: 65, 66, 65, 66, 66, 64...led the kids in some stretching routines post run.  In the ongoing saga of my running health, I now am rocking a pretty solid cold/sinus thing.
(4.5 miles)

Tuesday-didn't expect it, but today turned out to be a snow day.  I haven't been feeling well and needed to get some Christmas shopping done, so today turned out to be a great opportunity.  Banged out 7 easy miles on Weekapaug Roads.
-20 minutes of core work

Wednesday-6+..ran from my house down through the Weekapaug Sand Trail and back.  I timed it right and had the opportunity to watch the sun go down as I ran down the trail.  Feeling some soreness from earlier in the week.  On a positive note, my cold is getting better. Stretched post run-20 minutes.

Thursday-SHS Distance Practice
5 miles..
Mile warmup, 4X800 on partially snow covered track..229-232 range.
15 minute cooldown..followed by some core work.
WTAC Holiday Party.

Friday-had my buddy's wedding to go to in Dedham, MA.  Between working out some car issues with Shara and being in New Haven most of the day, I somehow snuck in a 3 miler during a brief travel break in Westerly.

Saturday-6 miles in the snow from my house down through the Weekapaug sand trail and back. With snow coming much earlier than expected down in CT, I had to hold off on bringing Shara home until Sunday..had to bail on the Christmas 10k-sorry WTAC, I'm sure you guys did well without me.


Running: 7X, 37 miles
Lulu:0
Swim/Bike: 0
Core: 2X. 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment