Product

Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1st through 7th-Hot Chocolate

Sunday-8 mile beach loop..ran pretty hard, but comfortably at a little over 6 minute pace.
That annoying left ankle was bugging me at the start of the run.  The rain and wind came down the second half of the run.

Monday-OFF.  With ankle issue, it was a good day to take a seat.  Truth is, I didn't have time to run anyway.  Went to an awesome UCONN game vs. Florida..Huskies won on a buzzer beater!

Tuesday-SHS Track Distance Project-Day 1
The Indoor Track Coach at my school approached me a few weeks ago about coaching the distance runners as a volunteer.  Wanting to help out, but not overcommit, I offered my services for at least one practice a week and that I would put together a training program for the kids.  My only stipulation: I get to workout with them.  Deal!
1 mile warmup
2X600m-148
2X400m-68
2X300m-49-50
2X200m-32ish
(3)
Solid, consistent workout.  I really enjoyed the kids positive attitudes, strong work ethic, and drive. The only negative part of the day was the pain/swelling in the outside of my  left ankle.
Did some core work/stretching after practice (planks, abs, etc).

Wednesday-Swim at the Y..variety of lap swimming, drills, etc.  With on-going ankle calf swelling and soreness, it was time to throw down another 0 for the run.  This was the best alternative I could come up with.

Thursday-Very reluctant to run today with my swollen ankle/calf.
I figured I'd go to HELL Field and do a little workout.  Warmup mile.
4X1000 322, 323, 322, 319 w/short 1 minute breaks
3 mile warmdown...got more sore and tight.  Not sure how I'll be for Sunday..oh well.
(7)

Friday-4 miles on my treadmill at home...this run was a complete struggle...even at 715 to 720 pace on a flat plain in a controlled environment..sore and tired.  I stretched out afterwards and have been icing.

Saturday-4 miles with Shara & Lulu in Watch Hill..felt better than Friday..ankle/calf still funky.

Totals:
Run: 5X, 26 miles
Lulu's miles: 1X, 4 miles
Swim: 1X, 1 mile
Core/Stretch: 2X, 40 minutes
Ice: 4-5X this week with frozen vegetable packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment