Product

Sunday, December 15, 2013

December 15th through December 21st

Sunday-after my travels, I ran 6 miles with 8 hill pops.

Monday-45 minute spin.

Tuesday-8 mile snow run.  We had early dismissal from school, so I was home by 1 pm.  What to do?  Watch Christmas movies? Sleep?...no way, go out and play in the snow.  Ran on local roads before deserting to the Weekapaug Sand Trail (one of my favorite spots to go during a storm).  I ran out on the sand trail and ran back on the beach before heading home.



Wednesday-
a.m. 3 miles on the treadmill easy

p.m. SHS Distance Project.
Helped monitor and advise the kids while they did their drills.  Due to the track being covered with snow, I figured out a nice 200m loop for us to do repeats after consulting with a senior on the team. Warmed up a mile..then 4X400, 4X200..all hard.  As a "special surprise" for the kids, I set up two teams and had them run a 5X200 relay against each other.  Short cooldown before a team stretch. Good fun, but tweaked my hamstring a bit on an icy patch.
(4-5)

Thursday-430 Club w/Boumenot & Gazelle..4.5 miles

Friday-Workout w/Gazelle and Boumenot.  Did the 5-4-3-2-1-30 workout..On my end, effort was up, speed felt down.  I was pretty beat by the end of this one.  Prior run, on-the-run, and post run soreness.  Good workout though.  Boumenot brought us sight seeing on the warmdown.  It was a different kind of sight seeing adventure than the ones we go on in the summer. (9.5)

Saturday-4 miles light in Milford, CT with Shara and Lu. Warm on this first day of winter! Very sore all around and my back is all swelled up.

Synopsis: Quality week that was really hectic with work, holiday parties, and track practice.  With my back really acting up and a lightly strained hamstring, I'm feeling pretty banged up.

Totals:
Run: 7X, 40 miles
Lulu: 1X, 4 miles
Swim: 0
Bike: 1X, 45 minutes
Core/stretch: 1X 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment