Product

Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30th through January 5th

Sunday, December 30th
Shovel time followed by 6 miles in 38 minutes on the treadmill.  Starting off light and finished around 6 minute pace.   This run reminded me of how boring treadmills can be.  Light stretch after.

Monday, December 31st
5+ miles on Weekapaug roads on this chilly morning.  I didn't wear my space watch today but figured out I was averaging 6:40 pace.  With icy roads, there were a few fun, tricky spots on this run.  I came home stretched for 20 minutes and finished painting a room.  I guess I'm going to take the rest of the year off from running!!

On a side note, congratulations to Jonny Hammett on reaching his 3000th mile for 2012.  That is quite an accomplishment!

Tuesday January 1st
Happy New Year!
a.m. 3 miles bright and early with Kelsey and Dave.  We ran a slog (slow jog) pace.
p.m. 30 minutes of stretching.

Wednesday, January 2nd
5 miles (maybe), 40 minutes
 With the holidays over and the reality of winter setting in, I was looking for something to lift my spirits.  I decided I needed some kind of adventure and had a Christmas gift from last year that I have been dying to try.  I suited up in the most ridiculous outfit I could come up with (Eskimo camouflage hat, head lamp, hoodie, and running pants) and drove over to Weekapaug Country Club.   With just enough snow on the ground, I decided to take my snowshoes and try running some loops around the course.  Initially, I felt like I the snow shoes were going to fall off and that I wouldn't be able to run for long.  After running a few minutes, I became more comfortable and ended up running for a total of 30 minutes.  After taking off the snowshoes, I jogged over to a small hill close by and did 5 hill accelerations.  I had a ton of fun  playing in the snowshoes and hope to do this again in the near future.

Thursday, January 3rd
Yoga-90 minutes.

Friday, January 4th
445 Club run with Jeff.  We covered about 7 miles at 6:36 pace on some local hilly roads (Moonlight, Urso, Meadow Ridge).  I'm not sure if it was the cold temps or hills, but I was feeling this run big time. It was definitely fun to get out there with Jeff as we knocked Old Man Winter one in the kisser!

Saturday, January 5th
6 miles...did the first 5 miles on beach roads with Kelsey and then picked up Lulu for a fairly fast mile.  Great morning for a nice winter run!  Followed the run up with a 10 minute stretch.

Weekly Totals:
Running: 33  miles
Stretching: 80 minutes
Yoga: 90 minutes
Lulu's miles: 1

YTD:
Miles: 22
Lulu's miles: 1

Synopsis: Solid week overall.   I've been trying to tentatively plan out a racing schedule for the winter/spring and am having a tough time getting motivated to race.  I'm not sure if my lack of motivation is from racing  too often this past fall, the cold weather, or lack of improvement in my performances.  I'm planning on using some of the races from the South County 4th Season series as general hard workouts and motivators.  Racing with WTAC should pump me up a bit as well.

Pros:
-Trying out snow shoe running
-I was able to complete lots of stretching.
-No hardcore hip pain

Cons:
-Not completing a speed workout or semi long run
-Not doing any strength work



No comments:

Post a Comment