Product

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013

To me, forward motion is a way of life.  As we transition into 2013, my focus remains on good things.  In my own personal running world, I haven't even come close to any of my personal bests in the past years.  However, after 17 years of being a runner (2 of which I barely ran due to injury), I still love running and remain highly motivated.  

As I think for goals for the new year, I certainly want to get faster, become more injury resistant, and simply have fun.  My favorite racing distance, which will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, remains the 5k.  I hope to run a bunch of them 2013 and want to get under 16:30 again.  I'd also like to run a solid half marathon or two.  Regarding team racing, I'm proud to be a member of the WTAC and hope to go to battle often with those cats.  The goals, energy, and enthusiasm of my teammates are big motivators for me.  

In 2012, I was most happy to re-engage in a more formal running program.  My racing highlights included getting back to 16:30 in the 5k, breaking 1:18 in the Hartford Half after being injured for most of the summer, and my back-to-back wins from  my November racing "experiment."  My greatest lowlight of 2012 was my July hip injury while sharpening up for a mile race.  The injury not only caused me to shut down for a few months, but left me with some lasting issues to deal with.  

All in all, 2012 was a good year.  I hope 2013 is even better!  Forward motion in all aspects of life.  Let's go get em.


2 comments:

  1. Well said, sir!!! Great set of goals there - looking forward to running with you guys in 2013, and I might even try to make one of the 4:45 runs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know 5K is your favorite distance, but I was really impressed with your 1:17 half without any distance training due to your summer injury. Good year!!

    ReplyDelete