Product

Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23rd through December 29th

Christmas and the last week of 2012..
Weekly Goals:
Keep Moving
Continue to improve flexibility and strength in the hips and core.
Run comfortably
Have fun

Sunday, December 23rd
P90x Core Synergistics-60 minutes
Challenging, but manageable workout.
Originally, I had planned on doing the plyometric routine again this morning but had some calf soreness on my left side.  I looked through the various workouts and was looking for something low impact that would continue to help me out.  

Monday, December 24th
7 miles
3.5 miles with Kelsey in Wahaneeta Preserve.  After running some of these trails on Saturday, I wanted to show Kelsey the area.  We didn't do too much exploring and mostly stayed on the same trails.  After arriving home, I switched into my road shoes, picked up Lulu, and ran another 3.5 miles to my parents house at 6:30 pace.

Tuesday, December 25th
Merry Christmas!!
With a busy Christmas schedule on tap, Kelsey and I ran 3 miles really early before the days festivities began.  Sore and tight.

Wednesday, December 26th
Track Workout at Chariho High with WTAC Crew (Jeff, Jonny, Muddy) and Glenn.
3 mile warmup
4X200-200-400 with 200 jog rests between reps and a 400 jog between sets.
3 mile cooldown

During my college days, this was a "bread and butter" workout during track season.  Sets and speeds would vary, but I always liked this workout.  Not sure of my exact splits...All of my averages were between 33-35 seconds for the 200s and my 400s ranged from 68-71.  Overall, I was really happy with this workout because I remained consistent and in control throughout.  The rest of the guys also did well by remaining consistent and finishing strong.  I am especially happy to report that I did not have hip pain today.  I wish I could do a workout with the guys like this every week.

It was neat to finally meet Glenn.  He was the lone member of the infamous Hammett Endurance  Clan that I had not met yet.

Thursday, December 27th
a.m. 60 minutes of core work..pushups, pullups, single leg squats, bench press, bent over rows, ab work, planks, and hip work.

p.m. public skating at URI with my Dad for a couple of hours.  With all the kiddies on Christmas Break, the place was packed.  It was a cool opportunity to spend some quality time with my Dad.  We chatted about our hockey playing days and how fun it is to skate.

Friday, December 28th

7 miles
Met up with Jonny Miles and Mike B. on this blustery morning for a tempo workout at Ninigret Park.  We literally warmed up for 3 miles on the preserve trails before digging into the 4X1000m workout.  Prior the start, we discussed running them at T pace, which basically means a comfortable hard.  Overall, I felt pretty good throughout the workout even though I did not enjoy the slight wind gusts on the back side of the field.  Jonny and Mike ran strong as well.  It was neat to help Jonny close in on that 3000 mile mark for 2012.

Splits (3:23, 3:23, 3:19, 3:14)

*I had previously ran this workout with Kelsey and had measured out loops on the field to come right around .63 miles or 1000m.

Saturday, December 29th
5+ miles with Kelsey and Lulu through Weekapaug.  We ran at right around 7:30 pace, which led to a really nice recovery run for me.  While running today, there was a feeling of snow in the air.  After finishing up the run, I quickly indulged in some strawberry milk and followed up with 30 minutes of stretching.

Totals
Miles: 31
P90x: Core Synergistics, Stretch X
Core/Weights: 60 minutes
Ice Skating: 2 hours

1 comment:

  1. Fun workout on Wednesday! Looking forward to Friday's run too.

    ReplyDelete