Product

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Update from the DL

Since my last blog entry,  I have made slow and steady progress with my injury.  I have strained tendons in my upper leg and the doctor believes there may have been some small tears as well.  The upside of the injury is that it will heal without any major medical treatment.  The frustrating part of it all is time.  If I could will my leg back to health, I would have been back out there two weeks ago.  Unfortunately, injuries don't work like that.  You have to be patient and wait...and wait.

The other upside to this whole thing is that I have been able to stay active.  Through strength work, stretching, house projects, and hiking, I'd like to believe that I have not completely lost my cardiovascular fitness.  With some tightness, I have even been able to join Kelsey for some light running the past couple of mornings.  Even though I'm unsure when I'll be able to resume my regular training, progress is being made and I am putting one foot in front of the other.

Highlight of down time: camping in Lafayette State Park right smack in the middle of Franconia Notch.  I was able do some pretty sweet exploring, hiking, and swimming in Lonesome Lake.  It was my first time really camping and I had a blast.

3 comments:

  1. hey there camper, glad to hear you're making some progress. Lafayette is a sweet spot, very cool trails and cliffs around there. If you're ever interested in a bike ride for some cross training, let me know, I'd be happy to lend you a bike. Maybe you and I and Jeff could do a ride sometime down there. I think you'd like it and it's oh so friendly on your body while still getting in as hard a workout as you could ever want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're making progress, even if frustratingly slow. I've had great times in Lafayette camping, hiking, biking, and swimming - glad you were able to experience that. Bike rides work for me if interested. Keep up the upbeat attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom - I'm happy that you are able to have such a great attitude and are able to stay active through this injury. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete