Product

Monday, July 16, 2012

July 15th through ???

Sunday, July 15th
0...still limping around.  Did a bunch of push-ups and upper body strength stuff.  A little better range of motion in my hip, but still cannot move leg well without pain.

Monday, July 16th
0..not much progress today...woke up with soreness. I did a whole mess of push-ups and some work with kettlebells.  I'm really hoping the pain dissipates, so I can get back to running.  Running the Bottone Mile tomorrow night is not an option and I'm bummed about it.  Oh well.

Tuesday, July 17th
0...still have pain and limited mobility but better movement than yesterday.  I was able to get yet another strength workout in..more chest work, pullups, abs, back work, and very light stretching.  I've been careful not to bend the wrong way or use my legs.  On a positive note, if I keep up this lifting stuff up, I can serve as the WTAC Bouncer.

Wednesday, July 18th
0..still sitting on the trash heap.
A whole bunch of push-ups and ab work.
Getting very itchy..

Thursday, July 19th
2 miles...20 minutes w/Lulu at  Crandall Field.  Picked this field to test things out because it's soft and I could stop at anytime, if necessary.  Mixed results...Whenever I attempted to speed up, I'd feel a quick jab of pain in the upper leg area.  If I ran very slowly and carefully, I was okay.


In addition to the jog, I did some hip-specific stretching, foam rolling, and heat/ice mix.  By the end of the stretching, I did notice better mobility. Based on the symptoms and area of pain, I have self diagnosed the injury as a hip flexor strain.  It's time for some Aleve and to get it checked out by a medical professional.

Friday, July 20th, Saturday, July 21st, Sunday, July 22nd, and unfortunately to be continued for a bit..on the disabled list.  

                                                                                      On the DL..


Hoping this injury doesn't hurt my chances of WTAC re-signing me to a big contract next year.

Continuing on with strength workouts, light stretching, and any other way I can stay active without further hurting myself.  Based on my chiropractor's diagnosis, I have a tendon strain in my hip.  Unfortunately, tendons do not always heal quickly.  I'm getting treatments a few days a week and will progress based upon how I feel.  Keeping ice and heat on it.

It's almost been 10 days since I injured myself.  I stil feel pain in the hip if I move it the wrong way or do too much, but have noticed progress.  I really miss running.

4 comments:

  1. Tom, truly sorry to hear your injury persists and keeps you from running Bottone Mile. Hang in there ... there will be plenty more races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super sucky. Sounds like you're really broken. Have you seen a doctor or physical therapist? They should be able to tell you exactly what's wrong. (I tore the MCL in my right knee a few years ago and went to South County Orthopedics for PT, that and biking got me going again fairly quickly). That info would let you know if you need to just rest, work through it, or possibly be able to do alternate activities like biking. You should probably get it checked out so you don't go crazy! I'm sure the rest of us would after a week of no workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your injury. Hopefully you'll heal like Pedroia and not like Ellsbury. Let me know if you need an agent to deal with your WTAC contract issues....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heal fast man. Don't worry about your contract. Real all-stars sign long term deals and continue to get paid well after they're done playing. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7879021/mlb-new-york-mets-pay-bobby-bonilla-millions-years-come-espn-magazine

    ReplyDelete