Product

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 1st through July 7th

Planned down week


Sunday, July, 1st
4 miles from my house down to Misquamicut to meet family at the beach.  The run was short, fun, hot, and fairly fast.

Monday, July 2nd
0
Stretched in the morning and hopped some rope for 20 minutes in the afternoon.
Day 4 of my electrical experiment.

Tuesday, July 3rd
5 miles easy at night.
Besides running, busy day!


Wednesday, July 4th
Camire's Firecracker 4 miler
22:18, 10th place
For me, this was a tough one.  I felt flat from the second I woke up in the morning.  The course was a roller and the conditions were very humid.  Once I saw the WTAC Crew and Mike G., I was able to get a little pumped up.  Once the gun went off, I tried to get into a smooth rhythm but could not get comfortable.  Throughout the entire race, I tried to chase down Trail Series Champ Derek.  During the last mile of the race I felt like neither of us had much left in the tank.  I was hoping to muster up a sprint and make a move on him, but it wasn't happening.

Kelsey ran really well and finished in 28:19-Just a little over 7 minutes a mile.

The atmosphere of the race itself was awesome.  Tons of talented runners, the race was well organized, and the prizes were pretty sweet.  I'm going to chalk this one up to a tough day at the office and move on.
WTAC CREW
(5)



Thursday, July 5th
A.M-Very easy 3  mile jog with Kelsey and my cousin Pat heading out on my little trip.
P.M.-Fun and games in Block Island.



Friday, July 6th
Run 1:  5 mile in the afternoon at 6:30 pace.  Hot.
Run 2: 3 miles easy with Kelsey.

Saturday, July 7th
6 miles like this: 5 minute warmup, 15X1 minute hard/1 minute easy, 5 minute cool down.
2.5 miles with Kelsey...feeling pretty beat by the end of this one.  I was glad to get my running down prior to 9 am with the heat and humidity.

Weekly Mileage: 33 miles
The lower mileage was a nice break. Legs still felt heavy and slow all week.  Despite the easy week, glad to be able to put two efforts in (Firecracker 4 miler and Saturday pick-ups).    Hope to get back to a more normal routine this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment