Product

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Week of 11/26 to 12/2

Monday-A.M. 6.6 miles with the dogs.  As usual, most of my miles were with Riley and I ran my final mile with Lulu.  The is the first time I took her out in a few days since she was favoring her paw.  Gotta take care of my fur legged friends!  Hammy still tight and I was generally sore. Wore a new pair of Saucony Rides that I've been holding onto since March.  It always feels good to wear a new pair of shoes.  6:53 average pace.

P.M.-20 minutes of pushups, hamstring stretching, and rolling at night.  I ended up doing 100 pushups total.  I used to be really into the core/weight work and now is the perfect time to get back at it.

Tuesday-7 miles with the dogs.  Ran my Piezzo loop, down to Weekapaug, and back through the hood.  Riley kept me up a huge chunk of the night.  I think he may have had an upset stomach from inhaling a portion of Haley's chili from the night before. Regardless, he was ready to run come 5 am.  Average of 6:45 pace.

Wednesday-A.M. 6.4 miles with the dogs.  Had a "Deer in Headlamp" experience on Williams Road.  I'm very fascinated by deer and think they are the cool animals.  I especially love watching them run!  As for the run itself, I really wasn't feeling it today.  Average of 6:48 pace

P.M. -20 minutes of pushups and hamstring stretching.  100 pushups total...did sets of 15 to 20 and they felt a little easier than Monday.  I need to keep up with this strength stuff!

Thursday-6.8 miles with the dogs.  "Accidentally" almost ran 6 with Riley which left a little less for Lulu.  Ran the Rockridge Loop.  Cool and windy morning.  Hamstring still annoying.  Enjoyable run. Average of 6:44 pace.

Friday-35 minutes of stretching and rolling.  Had a conference in Cromwell which entailed driving and sitting all day..my hamstring, nerve, or leg issue was quite bothersome.  I attribute it to all the sitting I did.  By the end of the day, I was feeling achy, stiff, and numb in spots.  Sitting is NOT good!

Saturday-8.3 miles with the dogs.  7 with Riley and mostly ran on Weekapaug Golf Course..it was very enjoyable,  The softness of the grass felt good on the legs and the coastal views on the course were great.  Looped back through Weekapaug and picked up Lulu to run more in the neighborhood.
Average of 6:38 pace.

Sunday-6.5 miles on the treadmill at the Y.  With the prediction of heavy rain the forecast, I had it in my head that I was running on the mill today.  Arrived around 6:30 am and had the place to myself.  I ran a flat progression on the mill ending my last mile in 5:20.  No resistance and the belt was working with me but still a solid workout.  Total time: 38 minutes to average 5:50 pace. Post run did a little core work and then swam 700 yards.  Felt good.

Weekly Miles: 41
Core: 3 sessions, 2 for 20 minutes of stretch and 1 for 30 minutes of stretching
Swim: 1X700yds

Highlight(s): It has to be my dedication to core work.  I finished the week with three core sessions-two strength and one stretch.  Even snuck in a swim.  While these workouts or stats don't add up to miles, I'd like to believe they keep me running miles.

Lowlight(s): this on-going nagging hamstring/nerve issue.  Not really sure what the little injury is but I have enough of an annoyance going on in the back of my leg that I've been staying away from speed work and longer runs.   I am happy that this "annoyance" hasn't prevented me from running though.

2 comments:

  1. Oh those pups helping clean plates and having an upset tummy keeping us on high alert all night! Hope he's ok and you caught up on your sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the drill, Beth! Didn’t stop him from running the next morning.

    ReplyDelete