Product

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Week of 12/10 to 12/16

Monday: a.m.  6.6 miles-down Shore Rd, through Cove Road (one of my favorite spots), and through Weekapaug with Riley.  I just barely connected up with JV at the bottom of Noyes Neck.  I ran the last mile with Lulu.  Chilly morning.  I hit 2000 miles for the year mid run!  Average pace of 6:45.

p.m. 20 minutes of core work..100 pushups, 3X10 single leg body weight squats on each side, stretching, and some rolling.

Tuesday: a.m. 6.2 miles with the dogs.  First 5 with Riley that included 6 strides and ran my last mile with Lulu.  I changed out the batteries on my Noxgear and headlamp, it was like night and day!

p.m. 15 minute strength workout.  I did 3X8 of pullups..I couldn't even take a wild guess when the last time was when I did these.  Did some sight planks and rolling as well.

Wednesday: 6.5 miles that included 10X200 with Riley on Fenway Road.   Right upon wake up, I wasn't feeling it today but made myself get after it. The 200s weren't great as Fenway Road is extremely dark, even with my headlamp.  Some kind of critter (probably a bunny) was stirring in the nearby brush after 6X200...you can guess the pace significantly increased for the remaining 4.  The quality of the workout wasn't the best, but I'm still happy with the effort. Ran the final 1+ mile with Lu.


Here's some incentive to make Tommy 5k run faster 200s



Thursday: 6.7 miles.  Started with the Rockridge Loop with Riley and finished in the neighborhood with Lulu.  The 4th chilly morning run of the week.  JV sighting on Shore Road.  Average of 6:47 pace.

Friday: 40 minutes of strength & stretching.  Pushups, barbell squats, single leg squats, band work, and finished w a stretch. Disciplined myself not to run today as I wanted to go out but knew I needed an off day. Hoping this stuff pays off.

Saturday: a.m.  20 minutes of pushups, chest work, pullups, and stretching.
p.m. Around the Pond with Riley..8.1 miles.  Pre-run I was concerned about my little buddy making it all the way around the pond.  After about a mile, we were rolling along at around 6:15 pace.  At about the midday point, I think Riley probably started to wonder if his owner would make it around the pond?  We ran every mile from 2-8 under 6:20.  He's a solid dog! Average pace of 6:19 for the run.

Sunday: 10 miles.  Joined forces with the Run While You Can Group that JV organizes on a rainy, windy morning.  Ran with JV and Erin for the first mile and then the Gazelle and I ran the remainder of the run together.  Solid run at an average of 6:59 pace.  Post run, we met with Mikey B. at the Cooked Goose to catch up.  Good stuff.

Weekly Totals
Miles: 44 miles
Core Work: 4X!!

Highlights: definitely the weekend runs, core work, and meeting up with Mikey.
Lowlights: nagging yet tolerable issue in the back of my leg and lack of goals.






1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good week! Glad you got together with Mikey B. He was sounding pretty down lately. Good luck sorting out the hammie/bumm issues. Seems like a common theme, probably connected to runners weak hips? Riley keeps you moving, that is great! Don't let him bend Jax's ear about going that fast, I'm quite happy with our slow paced hikes. :)

    ReplyDelete