Product

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Week of 12/17 to 12/23

Monday: a.m. 6.7 miles with the dogs.  I woke up this morning feeling stuffed and lethargic.  After a quick, big cup of coffee (I have one every morning before my run), I got out there with Riley and started to bang out the miles.  Ran the Piezzo loop back towards Shore and down to Weekapaug before running home in a headwind.  I ran my last mile with Lulu.  Average pace of 6:40 something.  The back of my leg was nagging me again today.

p.m. Strength & Stretch for 20 minutes. 100 pushups in 6:45.  Not sure what my goal was with the pushups, but it was a challenge for me to get them done in this time.  Rest of my work consisted of stretching and rolling.

Tuesday: a.m. 6.2 miles with the dogs.  5 with Riley and the last 1+ with Lulu.  Another day of feeling stuffed up upon wakeup.   I had a small internal struggle of whether or not to skip the run this morning as the wind was howling and it felt like the house was going to get blown over.  I settled with, "just get out there, even if you cut it short."  Half the run consisted of a tail wind and the remaining half I faced a strong headwind.  Highlight of the run: buzzing underneath the entrance of festive, lighted up entrance of the Weekapaug Inn with Riley.  We were surely unwelcomed house guests!  Average 6:46 pace.

p.m. Strength workout at the Y before H's swim class.  Did a series of pullups, planks, and some rolling.  20 minutes.

Wednesday: 6.5 miles..Warmed up for 3+ miles with Riley and wasn't really feeling the run right from the start.  I was just feeling tired and lethargic today..not sure if it's just a little cold I have going on or what.  I then proceeded to do 8X250 on short jog rest.  The reps weren't fast but I have to keep pushing through these types of workouts to maintain some level, no matter how small, of speed. Cooled down with Lulu. Average of 6:45 pace.

Thursday: a.m. 6.6 miles with the dogs..First 5 with Riley and 1+ with Lulu.  There was a drastic difference in temperature between my house and just over a mile away down by the beach. Solid run.  Average of 6:42 pace.

p.m. Played 7 minutes of 5 on 5 bball at school against teachers and staff in the afternoon as part of a canned food drive.

p.m. 100 pushups in 4:17...a new record for me!

Friday: 45 minutes of strength work. Covered everything today. Barbell squats, single leg squats, pushups, bent over rows, pull-ups, mobility stuff, and finished w a little stretch.

Saturday: 7.5 miles at an average of 6:25 pace. Ran the Wicklow loop with Riley and did another mile in the neighborhood with Lulu.  Glad to get this in before a full day of traveling.

Sunday: a.m. 4.5 miles with Riley incorporating 6X400 with 45 seconds rest at Hell Field.  Riley was overly excited for the duration of the repeats and his owner was just feeling tired.

p.m.  6.3 mile Christmas Light Run with Jeff & Matthew.  Thrilled to keep this tradition going and thanks to the Walker's for planning out the route.  *Also had the annual opportunity to check out their Christmas tree.  While the tree may be somewhat smaller than previous years, it still is quite impressive!  Jeff even showed me a classic ornament that was his Dad's.  Cool stuff.

Total miles: 44.5
Total Core: 3X

Synopsis: another solid week of mileage.  However, my leg issue has carried on and was especially nagging on Sunday.

Highlights: Christmas Light Run, workout, and continued effort with core work.


No comments:

Post a Comment