Product

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Week of 12/3-12/9 Doctor's Orders!!

Monday: a.m. 6.5 miles with the dogs on a balmy morning.   Looped through Piezzo, to Shore Rd, down through Weekapaug with Riley.  Ran the last 1+ with Lulu.  About 55 degrees..enjoyable temps.
p.m. 5X20 pushups to total 100, ab exercises, and some rolling.  Need to keep up with these!

*Went to my doctor for an annual physical in the afternoon.  While reviewing some of my health data and family history, he alerted me that it would be in my best interest to keep running "as much as possible."  When a good doctor like this makes such a recommendation, you don't ask questions!

Tuesday: 6.8 miles.  Ran the first 10k with Riley on a windy yet comfortable morning.  Looped from my house up through Moonlight, and back down to Weekapaug.  To mix things up and lightly test the back of my leg, I finished with 6 light strides.  No worse for the wear for doing them.  I'd like to add some variety to my morning runs other than just doing base miles but I also want to be smart about how I go about it.

Wednesday: 6.7 miles and super cold out with the dogs. Star lit sky. Solid run with the dogs. 6 controlled strides at the end again. 6:41 average pace.

Thursday:6.7 miles at 6:43 pace with the dogs.  Deja Vu.

Friday: 3 miles with Riley on very slick roads.  A light rain from the night before left for slick conditions.   8 strides at the end of the run.  After a negative experience of some serious sitting while traveling and attending a conference last week, I opted to get some movement in this morning.  While I was still in for another day of sitting from traveling and attending, I felt better throughout the day thanks to this run.  Average pace of 6:42.

Once I arrived back home, I did 100 pushups in about 8 minutes and other strength/core work.  Like the combo of a short run with some strength.

Saturday: 10k with Riley on a very frigid morning in 39:26.  To my knowledge, this was Riley's fastest 10k to date.  I made the decision around 4 miles to try to make it home in 10k in under 40 minutes.  It was a fun challenge while dealing with some climbing and wind on the way home.  Not sure if I can call this run a workout but it was an elevated effort.

Sunday: a.m. 6 miles with Riley at an average of 6:41 pace.  I added in a mini workout on the Weekapaug Golf Course of 5X 1 minute H/45 seconds E. Today was the day of the Christmas 10k in Newport.  The Christmas 10k always has a good WTAC turnout and is generally a fun event.  Meanwhile, the Y was hosting a Breakfast with Santa in the morning.  As much as I would have enjoyed the race,  this was a non-decision for me.  Shara, Haley, and I had a blast with Santa!

p.m. 20 minute workout that mostly consisted of weights in my basement...I did 3X10 of barbell squats for the first time in years. 

Totals:
Miles: 42
Weights/Core: 3X 20 minutes.  Solid.

Highlights: the 10k with Riley, ran a lot with the dogs this week, fitting in three workouts, and the leg pain in the back of my leg seems like it is moving in a positive direction.

Lowlight: no swimming, real "structured" workout, and lack of variety.

Interesting fact: I completed 22 consecutive weeks of running at least 40 miles..that's solid consistency but only one of those weeks is over 50 miles.










No comments:

Post a Comment