Product

Saturday, May 2, 2015

2015 State Police 5k

Results
17:27, 2nd

The RI State Police 5k is one of my favorites.  I obviously love running 5ks, Gansett, a WTAC Team Event, and the post race atmosphere.

So in honor of the NFL Draft and general disdain in my own performance, I'm going to describe my race in a Belichickian fashion.

"It is what it is"
There are lots of things I can improve upon.

Mile splits were 5:18, 5:39, 5:38.

How I felt:  Slow, sluggish, and struggling.   Felt like I was being hunting, instead of being the hunter.
Still wanted to compete but didn't have any extra gears.  Still happy I ran the race-just want to do better.  I'm hoping good running health (still not where I'd like to be) and training will help me in the future.

Highlights: Big PR for Shara at 19:18, Gazelle ran a strong 18:04 and put himself in good position to get back under 18 at any time, and I thoroughly enjoyed the two cups of ice cream I ate post race.  This race still remains one of my favorites.  Sorry to see Garv have to sit this out with a hip issue.


"It is what it is Tommy 5k"

No comments:

Post a Comment