Product

Sunday, April 19, 2015

One big training week...it's all relative..

This past week marked my April break from school.  With massive wedding planning and other things going on, Shara and I had a STAYCATION going on.  With home visitors, a little extra time on my hands, and warmer temperatures, the week provided me with an opportunity to up my training. 
Disclaimer: My big week would serve as a major down week for many of my WTAC teammates.  It's all relative, right?

So here is what the week looked like with some random highlights:
Sunday, 4/12: Clamdigger 5  miler: 29:05, 4th place.
Great WTAC event, ran okay early on, struggled running into the wind the last two miles, fun day despite being irritated with my performance.
7 miles on the day

Monday, 4/13-4 mile recovery run with Shara, Lulu, and Riley at Ninigret.
Spent the majority of the rest of the day digging holes in my parents back yard.

Tuesday, 4/14-2500 yd swim at Y.  Slow
Went into work for a few hours

Wednesday, 4/15-5 miles with Lulu
Lunch at Champlain's and chilled at The Wall in Gansett

Thursday, 4/16-7.5 morning workout in Burlingame Camp Trails with Gazelle.  
4X1000 at T w/ short rests, 4X200.  Would be nice to get consistent with these
Yard work

Friday, 4/17-45 minute spin class, 3 mile easy run with Lulu
Chores and business

Saturday, 4/18-Long Run & T Work with Gazelle and Garvin.
11 miles incorporating 2 T, 1 E, 1 T.  Once again, nice to get work done.  Gazelle and Garv were strong out there.  Ran back from Green Hill to Breachway on the beach.  Followed up run with Scones.
Chores and all of Shara's crew came to my house.

Totals:
Run: 6X, 35 miles
Lulu: 4X, 1  run w/o me.
Swim: 1X, 2500yd
Bike: 1X, 45 minutes
Core: some

Accomplishments:
3 solid run efforts, longest run of the year on 4/18, and highest mileage in quite sometime.

Thanks STAYCATION.

1 comment: