Product

Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25th through March 31st

Sunday, March 25th
6 miles
Ran first half of run with Kelsey and Lulu down Shore Road and through the neighborhoods.  My left foot was feeling that same pain I had after yesterday's long run.  I decided to head back out down to Weekpaug and "test" in out a bit.  I started off running at a solid pace, but decided to push it since it wasn't going to be a long run and I was heading down the hill.  As I'm running, I get flagged down by the Weekapaug Security Truck (I've worked for these guys the past 5 summers).  My boss, Tom, quickly apologizes for interrupting my run and wants to know if I'd be coming back this upcoming summer?  I inform him that with everything I have going on, I've decided that I'm not coming back.  We chat for a few more minutes and then back to it!  I pick up the pace even more and notice the foot pain has subsided a bit.  After another mile of hard running, my body tells me to chill out as my legs get really heavy, really fast.  I finished up at a steady pace.

Monday, March 26th
0..bottom of my foot was still sore,so why chance it?
Push-ups, pull-ups, and stretching.

Tuesday, March 27th
7 miles..beach roads..nothing eventful..still tight in legs, but foot felt fine.

Wednesday, March 28th
Since it was a Wednesday, I knew it was a day when I needed to put some work in. Prior to the run, Lulu figured out she wouldn't be coming along so she decided to make a "break" and ran for it.  As Kelsey and I chased her through the neighborhood, I thought to myself "this isn't exactly the speed work I was thinking about for the day."  Truth is, even my best workouts in college wouldn't have allowed me to keep up with her.  Eventually Lulu surrendered and we dropped her off back home.

Okay, onto the run.
15 minute warmup
Location: HELL FIELD
4X800, 2X400 (1 minute complete rest between each set.
2:39, 2:36: 2:34, 2:32, 73, 72
15 minute cool down

6 milesthr

I was happy with the work I put in today.  My paces were pretty even and I was able to run negative splits throughout the workout.  I felt stiff and somewhat fatigued during the workout, but I was in control.

Thursday, March 29th
7ish
Weekapaug roads and Shore Road area.  My legs felt like crap today..general soreness in the quads and calves.  Was the soreness from a solid Wednesday workout or just general tiredness?  Regardless, I put my miles in...can't complain about that.

Friday, March 30th
6 miles
Weekapaug roads, Dunes Beach, and Noyes Neck Rd.  Hammered the last mile in and felt pretty good doing it.  Wind was pretty strong.


Saturday, March 31

AM
8 miles
Carter Preserve with Muddy.  Light rain and sleet coming down.  I continue to be very impressed with this area.  As Muddy and I ran through the fields, I was envisioning tempo runs and miles repeats.  With the trails and field, Carter Field would be the perfect place to throw down!

3 miles
Treadmill...mile warm-up, 4X400 at 75 sec w 400 recovery at 8 mph.  I had the urge to get some type of quick stuff in...this was a good way to feed that urge.

PM
Hydrating and dance floor!


43 miles for the week.


2 comments:

  1. I pictured Lulu to be a huge beast, not a tiny terrier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is somewhere in the middle...black lab/shar-pei mix. The above picture "captured" the event best!

    ReplyDelete