Product

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 18th through March 24th

Sunday, March 18th

6 miles...First part of the run down by the water in Weekapaug with Lulu.  After dropping Lulu off, I plodded out another 3 on my own through neighborhoods.  I wasn't as sore as I thought I would be after Holyoke.  The weather was awesome...I'm liking this spring feel!

Monday, March 19th
6 miles
After sitting through meetings until almost 6 pm on a glorious day, I pondered the question "how do I want to spend my time?"  The thought of not running on a day like was out of the question.  So shortly after arriving home, I laced up my shoes and out the door I went.  I ran straight for Weekapaug Road, shot across the bridge, and onto Dunes Beach.  As I ran along the beach, I enjoyed the warm air.  I watched the waves crash on the shore and gave some thought to the feel of jumping in.  While I opted not to jump in, I thoroughly enjoyed my mile or so on the beach before heading back out on Atlantic Ave.  From there, I picked up the pace and pushed it home for the final few miles of the run.    Days like today are why I run my friends...you can't beat it.

Tuesday, March 20th
3 miles, light
I should have taken today completely off, but opted not to.  Headed over to run on the Ninigret fields with Kelsey and Lulu.  Ended up rolling my ankle pretty good for no reason at all mid run.  Weather was awesome again!!  Hello, SPRING!

Wednesday, March 21st
5+ miles
Warm-up
6X400 at HELL Field
75, 74, 74, 73, 72, 72
Cool Down

Solid workout just to remind my legs that they need to run fast!    My ankle was sore from my roll yesterday and I had actually planned on taking today off.  When I arrived home, Kelsey asked me to go for a run.  With the beautiful weather and sun out, I just couldn't pass it up.  The opportunity for me to get some work  in at the field made it even better. My legs were pretty tight after the run.

Thursday, March 22nd
6 miles
Another really nice day..ran neighborhoods down to Shore Rd, through Dunn's Corners, down to the beach and back around.  Very solid run!  Calves were tight and kind of sore.  Cranked the last mileabout .

In the beginning of my run, I ran by a guy in a wheelchair being pushed by a home health aide.  I could tell the gentleman was in tough shape, but was trying to make the most of a beautiful day. As I continued my run I thought about fortunate I am and told myself not to take this all for granted.   Seize the day my friends!

Friday, March 23rd
Straight up 0...feeling pretty beat today.

Saturday, March 24th
AM:17 miles
PM: 3 miles

Burlingame Long Run with the WTAC Trail Gods.  I was pretty psyched for this run knowing that I would get to see some parts of Burlingame that I've never came across before.  Met up with Jonny at 6 am and started to chat it up about it still being dark and our running.  Shortly after, we see two cars pulling into the lot.  Our conversation went something like this, "No way, that can't be Jeff.  Wasn't he just in India?  Are we sure he even landed yet?"  Sure enough, the Gazelle had landed and was ready to run!  Cool stuff.

The rest of the run was pretty awesome.  Started off on the roads and hit up a bunch of trails.  We even ran through "the secret trail."  I'm glad to say that I didn't take any diggers on this run and didn't have any real ankle rolls.  Not being much of a technical runner,  this was an accomplishment for me.  I was really impressed by the Burlingame trail system and all that it has to offer. 

Our run lasted about 2:10--which is a PR in time run for me.  I may not be knocking down any PRs in races right now, but I will take this one for now.  The only downside to the run was some pain in the outside of my left foot.  Blame it on the orthotics.

Headed home to do some serious painting, followed by an additioal 3 miles later in the afternoon with Kelsey and Lulu.

Weekly total: 46 miles
Solid week of mileage for me.  I was happy to get in the quick workout Wednesday and the long run on Saturday.  I plan on dropping the miles down some this upcoming week while still getting some quality efforts in. 

1 comment:

  1. You went out running Saturday again in the afternoon? So, 17 miles on Saturday morning and a PR time-wise wasn't enough for you that day?! Great job!

    ReplyDelete