Product

Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4th through March 10th

Sunday, March 4th
7 miles
After some typical Sunday chores, I decided to head down to Hell Field to a workout.  I did 4/2X200/400. This was a bread & butter track workout for me when I was at Westfield State (except I had to do more sets and almost always did them on the track).  The workout went well and my last two sets were my strongest.   Headed back home to pick up Kel and Lu to put some time in on the Champlain trails.

Monday, March 5th
7 miles
Weekapaug loop with Kelsey and Lulu for about 3 miles, dropped them off and headed back out for another 4 miles.  Wicked cool sky and a nice chance to watch the sun fade away for another day.  My quads felt completely trashed from the last couple of days of running.  I could feel tightness throughout my body.

Tuesday, March 6th
0
Doing what I do best, nothing!!

With some lingering soreness and general tiredness, I knew today was the perfect off day for me.  I decided to do some pushups, sit-ups, and stretching instead.  Hoping to feel rejuvenated tomorrow.

Wednesday, March 7th
7 miles
Time for a workout.  With some time contraints, I decided to do a short, efficient workout that would allow me to get the most bang for my buck.  So here goes, 3X3min hard, 2 min hard, 1 minute hard with half recovery on the easy runs.  Once I finished the workout, I picked up Lulu and we went out for light 3 miler.

Workout went by quickly.  While I had no complaints about the speed I was running at, I did have some foot pain, which is never good.  I have had some plantar fascia issues the last couple months and on-going foot problems over the last five years.   Needless to say, I'm going to proceed with caution on this one.

Thursday, March 8th
0
Lazy...well, not really.  Between a million other things and the foot pain, I decided to take the day off.

Friday, March 9th
6 miles on Weekapaug Roads incorporating sand trail and some beach time with Lulu.  Foot still bothering me, but it was tolerable. 

Saturday, March 10th
8+ miles with Muddy and Jonny in Carter Preserve.  Fun run with my WTAC buddies and loved the opportunity to explore some new trails.  It turned out that these trails are right near the area I used to vacation as a kid.  

2.5 miles on Westerly roads with Kelsey and Lu.

38 miles for the week.  Felt it was a smart move to drop my miles down and hopefully get my foot feeling better,

No comments:

Post a Comment