Product

Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1st through April 7th

Sunday, April 1st
6+
Brief run with Kelsey followed up with 30 minutes of romping on my own in Glacier Park.  I actually felt good moving through the trails and had no ANKLE rolls today.  Finished the run at Charlie's Overlook...quite possibly the coolest spot in Westerly.

Gazelle sightings: 0

Monday, April 2nd
8

Did a cool Misquamicut Beach Loop from my house.  Ran an average of 6:25/mile throughout the run.  While there was definitely some wind out there, this was a fast loop.

Cool Sightings:
-Fox on Atlantic Ave.
-Palm Trees at the Purple Ape.  While these trees were transplanted, they are still a sign of summer!!

Tuesday, April 3rd
6ish
Just cruisin' around..did the first part of my run with Kelsey and Lu..then hit up some small trails and roads around my house.  I was glad to be able to get this run in despite it being an otherwise crazy, busy day.

Wednesday, April 4th
7
Hard Day
5 minute warm-up
20 minute tempo run through Indian Hills-Shore Rd-Langworthy-Wawaloam- and finished just past overlook.  It was cool to check out Blick Island from the point as I took a little breather.  I then jogged over to HELL Field to do 4X400 w/30 seconds breaks (79, 75, 73, 72). At this point, I was pretty cashed in...tried to thumb for a ride home, but didn't have any takers!!
10 minute cool down

Since I won't be able to make the Red Rooster Rambler with the trail gods and am not sure what my next ten days of training will or won't look like, I wanted to put a solid effort in today.  I definitely stepped on the accelerator today, but didn't hold it down to the floor the whole time.

Thursday, April 5th
5+  Weekapaug loop, followed by Shore Rd. loop with Lulu and Kel.

Friday, April 6th
0

Saturday, April 7th
4 miles
Mills Pond Park, Ft. Lauderdale.  The closest I can get to trails in this area..found a big urban athletic facility..incorporated 5X 2 minutes hard/1 easy into this run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment