Product

Sunday, March 25, 2018

March 19 to 25

Monday, 3/19: 6.2 miles and feeling heavy with the dogs.  An average of 6:59 pace.  Bottom of foot a bit sore.  4 with Riley, 2 with Lulu.

Tuesday, 3/20: 7 miles with the dogs.  Did the Rockridge loop with an add on by Dunns Corners School and then ran Lulu for a mile through the neighborhood.  Both dogs were feeling good this morning and so was I!  Woke up early and was able to get the extra mile in. Average of 6:41 pace and a JV sighting.

Wednesday, 3/21: 6.3 miles total.  Warmup with Riley for first 3.3 miles @ 6:57 pace.  I did 5 sets of ups/downs on Meadowridge and Materese Hills with the wind in my face.  Prior to the workout, I gave thought of bailing on it with the wind.  I then thought to myself "you can't chose race conditions" so I went with it.  Glad I did.

Thursday, 3/22: 5.2 miles @ 6:56 pace with Riley.  When my alarm went off, I really didn't feel like waking up.  After my regular quick cup of coffee, my trusty friend and I headed out into the snow.  Yes, it was finally snowing after a big projected storm that never materialized.  Unfortunately, the snow/sleet was not sticking and by the end of the run both Riley and I were soaked.  I decided not to run Lulu as she is not a fan of the rain.  However, I did play with her for a couple minutes in my lightly snow covered back yard.

Thursday afternoon: PT Session # 9

Friday, 3/23: Working on my mobility.  40 minutes of stretching, rolling, etc.

Saturday, 3/24: 20 miles.  I opted to sleep in and wait until after Haley's swim lesson to get going.  I quickly planned out a hilly route with the intent of getting in a final challenging long run.  I started at the Burlingame Camp Site, went to Klondike, Buckeye Brook, Shumankanuc Hill, Kings Factory, Prosser Trail, Sanctuary Road, around the campground, down through Quonnie, back.  I really struggled on this run-from the start really-but am still satisfied with the effort.  My neck started to flare up around 16.  6:44 pace for the entire run.  Upon finishing, I craved a bottle of coke and indulged in one.

Sunday: 5.5 mile family stroller cruise on the Ninigret Bike Path with Shara and Haley.  Average of 7:18 pace.  Freezing rain for a portion of the run and Haley was a good sport out there!

Weekly miles: 50

Synopsis: a solid week and I was happy to get over 50 miles.  Overall, I'm feeling tired and looking forward not to have those weekly long runs.  The lingering neck and foot pain are not debilitating, but certainly are annoying. Three weeks until the marathon.  I've always wanted to run Boston.  I've done the training, I just need to get healthier now.  As excited as I am to do the race, I'm also looking forward to some rest and a non-structured routine post marathon. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week!! Oh there are times I crave a Coke, I figure it's the salt and the fizz. Glad to see you keep up with non-running work, sorry you are having neck and foot pain. What about massage? I swear by it for my jacked up back. But it's not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete