Product

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

March 12 to 18

Monday, March 12th-6.2 miles @ an average of 6:54 pace.  With yesterday's time change and Saturday's 20 miler, I was feeling it mentally and physically this morning.  I definitely gave thought to sleeping in but dragged myself out of bed.  The dogs did not care about the time change and were ready to roll, which is always a good sign.

Tuesday, March 13th-7 miles @ 8:26 pace in a classic New England Snow Storm with the Gazelle.  With school cancelled, I had the opportunity to sleep in and took advantage of it.  Even H slept in!  Upon wake up and a cup of coffee, I gave thought to my morning run and quickly texted the one guy who I knew would join me for some fun if he was free.  Sure enough, the Gazelle took the bait and even mentioned he was about to reach out to me.  We ended up running from my house to the end of the sand trail and back.  While the pace may have been slow, the wind was pretty ridiculous as we trotted down the sand trail.  It was also nice to catch up with Jeff and enjoy running in the snow as we always do. Good fun!

This guy LOVES winter!
Some serious waves 



Wednesday, March 14th-6.6 mile Pi workout on the treadmill at the Y.  Roads were all ice from yesterday's storm so I opted for sunny and 70 today.  To make my time on the mill go by quicker, I did a a workout for Pi Day that I made up on my way to the gym.  It went like this: 5X 3:14 minutes/1:46 easy.  I kept my hard paces all below 5:30 and rest no slower than 6:30.

Thursday, March 15th-5.3 miles with the dogs.  Cold and icy out.  Definitely some dicey spots.
Average of 6:47 pace.

PT session #8 in the afternoon-my pelvis was way off.  Ended up getting it realigned.  It looks like I'll be carrying on with PT right up until the marathon.

Friday-0.  Traveled to FL to visit my grandfather who just came home from a hospital visit.  Unplanned, but very important trip with my bro and mom to see him.

A great visit with my Pop.  My uncle and brother are the other guys in the pic.

Saturday-5.2 miles in North Port, Florida with my brother and uncle riding bikes behind me.  An average of 6:10 p/mile pace.  Mile splits-701, 606, 555, 548, 604.  Enjoyed temps of about 70 with no wind, humidity, or hills.  Came home around midnight.

Sunday-15.3 miles.  Ran from my house, through Shelter Harbor and back around all throughout Weekapaug. The wind was whipping and I was exhausted from my travels but was determined to get my LR in.  Average of 6:34 p/mile pace.  I would have loved to have ran a few more miles and done some quality work but I'll take it for today considering all the travel, etc.  Long run # 12.

Weekly miles: 45.6

Synopsis:  all things considered, another solid week.  With the snow storm and travel, it was not easy to get miles in.  My trip to FL was the highlight of my week and the main goal of that very quick trip was to visit and spent time with my grandfather.  The run was not priority and more of a bonus.  Another highlight was the snow run with Gazelle.  I had a solid workout on the treadmill and punched out a few good miles in North Port.  Moving forward, I'll run my last 20 next week. Boston is getting closer and time is flying by.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Yes, THIS guy does indeed love winter! My best run in a while.
    Glad you got to visit your grandfather. Mine passed away 44 years ago this month; cherish the time and memories. I spent one night in North Port last October visiting a friend of mine since high school. He really loves it there.

    ReplyDelete