Product

Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 4 to 10

Monday, 12/4
6 miles..5 with Riley and 1 with Lulu.  Chilly morning but enjoyed the moonlit roads and quiet run.

Tuesday, 12/5
6.2 miles with the dogs followed by 6X100m strides in front of my house to close out the run.  Wind was up and miserable at times.  Despite the wind, I do enjoy how quiet and peaceful these runs are.  Feeling sluggish as usual.

Wednesday, 12/6
7.5 miles..2 mile warmup, 8X400 with 250 jog rests with Riley.  First 7 reps were all between 80-81.  Consistent but not as fast as I was hoping.  I took a little extra time before the last one and finished off with a 74 which was better.   While I may not have been thrilled with the speed of the reps, I was happy my mile splits during the workout (6:19, 6:13, 5:57).  Ran home and then picked up Lulu for another mile.

Thursday, 12/7
5.5 miles with Riley.  Cool but enjoyable run.  Saw JV during the first mile (it's always a highlight of my morning runs).  Coming back up Noyes Neck,  I could hear some serious howling coming from the farm that sounded like more than one dog.  A pack of coyotes?  Not sure.

Friday, 12/8
35 minutes of stretching.  The combination of rest and light stretching is probably more helpful than I know.

Saturday, 12/9
12.6 miles in the sleet.  1:24, 6:38 pace.  Solid for not pushing the pace.  However, this was a sufferfest for other reasons.  With an original projection of 3-5 inches of snow, I was excited to think about the prospect of running in the white stuff.  The storm kind of fizzled and I had to settle for running in sleet.  I layered up but within 10 minutes of the run I was soaked.  For the first 6 miles I enjoyed the weather and run but the last 6+ were really tough with numbness, which felt like frost bite on my a few of my fingers.  Upon arrival home,  I was in some pain for a while as I tried to defrost those fingers.  A post run warm shower was fantastic.  I highly underestimated the weather today.  Not smart.

Sunday, 12/10
5 miles with Riley.  Started on icy and snowy roads. We then ran on the sand trail for a bit, which was really slow but fun.  Very enjoyable.  Would have stayed out longer but was pressed for time.


Weekly miles: 43
Core/stretch: 1X35 minutes
Synopsis: A fine week of running.  I'm starting to think more about marathon training and that build up.  It was good to get both a workout and long run in this week.  I'm trying to build those long runs so I am ready for the grind come January.







No comments:

Post a Comment