Product

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 22-June 28

So far-
Run:1X, 5 miles
Swim: 2X, 3800 yd
Bike: 3X, 95 miles(includes a spin session)


Injury Update
Pain and irritation continue in my knee.  I've figured out that the main trigger point is right below my knee.  If I press on the trigger point hard, I can feel a streak of pain right down my leg. After some consultation and a brief exam from Shara's bridesmaid, who is training to be a chiropractor and visiting us, she's concluding I have tendonitis in my knee.  Treatment recommendations include rest, ice, foam rolling, and putting pressure on the area.  She told me to do what I can and listen to my body.

As pathetic as my running is right now, I am going to stay on course with my plan.  I'll pick my spots of when I can run (most likely one or twice a week) and supplement with swimming, biking, and core.  Up to this point, it's been a down year of training and racing for me.  Despite the frustration,I'm looking at this year as an opportunity to improve my swimming and biking skills. 

*For those of who have followed my injury reports/complaining for the past year, the tendonitis is actually on the opposite knee of where I experienced problems last year.  I'm assuming the area of injury has been aggravated from compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment