Product

Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4th through May 10th

It's going to be another mixed up week of training.  I'm hopeful to get in some solid stuff early in the week and planning on (not by choice) taking a 0 on Saturday.  Struggling to keep my training well rounded and getting solid run miles in at the same time.

Sunday: 10 miles from my hood through Weekapaug, Misquamicut, and back around the pond.
Throughout the first half of the run I faced a very strong headwind, which peaked as I was running on the beach.  After turning the corner on Fisherman, things drastically improved  as I now had a tailwind with me.  Approx 630 pace.

Monday: 6 miles..first 4 with Lulu from my house down to the beach and back.  While the pace was off and on again, she was more into it than last Friday..did another 2 miles..621, 617.  I felt heavy, lethargic, and slow today.  Weather was great.

Tuesday:
a.m. Re-Introduction of the 430 Club w/Gazelle..Hospital Loop 5.5 miles, 730 pace.  Pumped to have Gazelle back on the roads..gotta keep doing these early runs..they help build up mileage.

pm:  26 mile windy, Misquamicut loop with Schonning.  Very solid ride, just lots of wind.

Wednesday: 1500yd swim at the Y..500 warmup..felt like I was suffocating...think my breathing was off! 500 more, 6X50 fins, 2X100..
Quick pre-dinner run at a snappy pace from my parents' house..640, 613, 542 (yearning for BBQ chicken), 545..just under 5 miles miles.  Happy with the effort even if the run was short.

Thursday: 6 miles, local roads, uneventful.  Very short window to run today--happy to get something in.

Friday: early AM swim..US Air had other plans for me as I was on the phone for approximately 90 minutes try to work out flights after one of mine was completely cancelled.  While frustrated and waiting to speak to a receptionist, I shot the Gazelle a message seeing if he wanted to grab a quick run in Glacier Park.  Luckily, he took the bait and my day ended up getting a whole lot better with a nice trail run.  Spent the rest of the day and night traveling.

Saturday: 6+ miles in Dodge City, Kansas.. Ran from the hotel to Dodge City Community College..checked out fields, the campus, and even jumped on the Dodge City High Track for a semi-hard 800.  This was my first visit to this part of the country and I'm glad to say I ran in Kansas.

Totals:
Run: 7X, 44 miles
Lulu: 1X, 4 miles
Swim: 1X, 1500
Bike: 1X 26 miles
Core: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment