Product

Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 11th through 17th

Sunday-4 mile shuffle with Shara on Wyatt Earp Parkway in Dodge City, Kansas.  With a very, very short run window, I was glad to get this one in.  Typical mid-west run: flat and windy.  While the wedding was fun, I was happy to "get the hell out of Dodge."  After a long trip home, I landed in Providence around midnight.

Monday-7 miles on local roads at a very good clip.  Exhausted.

Tuesday-430 Club with Gazelle (5 miles).  Solid start to the day! Coached SHS Track while Crutch officiated in the afternoon.

Wednesday-25 mile ride through Misquamicut.  Was able to push hard on various segments.

Thursday-SHS Distance Project..1.5 mile warmup, 6X400 w/60 to 90 sec rest..66-68.  Windy. 1.5 mile warmdown (4).
Post practice: met up with Gazelle for some Woody Hill exploring...there is legit trail access to this cool trail system right from my house.  Gazelle showed no signs of a previous ailment as we cut through the trails and ran a final mile in the low 6 minute range..felt like I was up against the ropes.
(6)  Great run and need to do more exploring!

Friday-1500 Y Swim before work.  Having to chaperone a prom at night, I went home after school and took a snooze.  Feeling exhausted.  Saw Jeff Duda..he reminded me that I really need to do more tri training.

Saturday-rain reports indicated that weather conditions would be quite poor Saturday morning.  We had a great idea of trying to get a group together and do some type of run/bike mix.  With early morning showers and wet roads, Gazelle and I decided to hit the roads for a run first and follow up with a ride, if conditions permitted.  Did a nice 11 miler through Misquamicut, took a break at my crib, and then headed out for an additional 16 miles at a controlled pace on the bike.  Great training day!  Spent the rest of the day working in the yard and doing chores.

Run: 6X, 37 miles
Lulu: all in the back yard..not sure she wants to train w/ me anymore.
Bike: 2X, 41 miles
Swim: 1X 1500yds

"Get the hell out of Dodge"
Scene from my Sunday morning run
With the Kansas trip, work commitments, and track volunteering, I thought this week was going to be terrible for training.  Fortunately, Thursday's and Saturday's training sessions allowed me to get some volume.  Still need to bike and swim more, but I'm doing okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment