Product

Sunday, February 23, 2014

February 24th through March 1st

Sunday-7 miles total.
First part of the run was with Lulu on the Weekapaug Sand Trail.  As much as I always like running this trail, I get most enjoyment out of how much my dog loves running the trail and beach. Followed up with more miles and some 5X20 second hill pops to close things out.
pm 20 minute strength routine before bed.

Monday: 6 miler on a very cold and windy late afternoon.  Ran a solid pace but felt beat.

Tuesday: 20 minute strength routine in my basement..single leg body weight squats, bench press (4X10/150), abs, and planks.
45 minute spin class at the Y with Gazelle.
Music: Sorority Girlish  Workout: Good

Wednesday: I decided to do some more hill work today in anticipation for Holyoke.  When I first started running my Dad used to have me do hill sprints with him.  His logic was that hills give you strength..so years later, here I am (minus the sprint).  10X Hill Poppers on Meadowridge, followed up with a cooldown on the Weekapaug Sandtrail with Lulu. (8)

Thursday: 3 mile run on the treadmill..followed up my 2400 yds of swimming including a 5-4-3-2-1-50...good stuff!

Friday: easy 5 miler w/Lulu

Saturday: 16 mile early morning run with Team WTAC from Charlestown Elementary through Gazelleville.  Hard to believe it's March 1st and we're still dealing with single digit temps.  Luckily, there weather didn't scare off the guys as we had a total of 7 out there today.  Pace was good. Shannock Hill was nasty and I was happy with a fairly quick last mile.  Solid day.

Brr..
Photo courtesy of The Gazelle


Totals:
Run: 6X, 45 miles
Lulu: 3X, 11.5 miles
Swim: 1X, 2400yds
Bike: 1X, 45 minutes
Core: 2X 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment