Product

Sunday, February 9, 2014

February 9th through February 15th-Ouch!

As I start this week I'm paying dearly for an awesome snow run I had with Gazelle last Wednesday on the snowy trails of Woody Hill.  Being the trail amateur that I am, I neglected to wear long socks. The back of both of my feet are quite torn up {see disgusting picture below}.  With this going on, I couldn't fathom doing more damage by running the Belleville 10k, so I pansied out.  Anyway, awesome job to the those of you who did run.  Gotta heal these up!

One side..the run was worth it!
Sunday-6 miles..
4 miles with Shara and 4X hill pops on Meadow Ridge.  Ran one final mile with Lulu.
Followed up with 45 minutes on the trainer in my basement while watching Olympic XC Skiing. Cool stuff!

Monday-easy 7 mile WTAC victory run through Wakefield followed up by MEWS night.  Good company, conversations, fun, and brews.  I really enjoyed getting updates on everyone's racing accolades and training.

Tuesday: 6X400 on Weekapaug Beach Roads with recoveries through the snow.  I ran these more off of feel than pace.  After the workout, I jogged home and picked up Lulu for a mile.  My ankles/heels continued to be uncomfortable throughout the run.  Just like yesterday, they bled through the band-aids and my socks.  Checked the Garmin post-run and was hitting my 400s around 70 seconds.  I intended run more or do some kind of cross training, but was too tired (not everybody can be a Gazelle).

Wednesday: 2500yd swim. 800 warmup, 4X200, 6X50 fins, 4X100, cooldown

Thursday-another week, another snow day.  After hanging around the house for a bit and indulging in multiple bowls of cereal and cups of coffee, I get a text from the Gazelle that he was about to go running.  A few minutes later I give him a quick call and the dude is already out on the roads. Without any plan what-so-ever in place, I throw on my gear and meet him up on an area road for the rest of the run.  I ended up landing 12 miles, which happens to be the longest run I've done in quite some time.  Enjoyed the snow and wintry conditions.  Doubled up on the socks and made out better than Wednesday.

"Haha, 5k had no idea he'd be running 12!"

Friday-3 miles on the treadmill in descending fashion..730, 645, 600.  Followed up with a 45 minute sweat fest on the bike.

Saturday-10 mile Chariho Loop with a large WTAC Crew.  Split off from rest of the group at 5 miles and hammered it home with Garwin & Nate (6:07, 5:54, 5:47).  I really enjoyed the terrain and company on this run.  Great day, great fun, great club!

Go WTAC!
Photo courtesy of Gazelle Walker



Later in the morning, I did a strength routine with Shara..body weight squats, pushups, abs, bench press, shoulder press, planks, lateral band work.

Totals:
Run miles: 6X, 44 miles
Lulu's miles: 2X, 2 mile
Swim: 1X, 2500 yds
Bike: 2X, 90 minutes
Core: 1X, 30 minute

2 comments:

  1. Tom - that picture looks like one of those disgusting photos you'd see in a medical reference book. I'm not even sure I'd know what body part it was if you didn't mention it. I hope it "heels" quickly (sorry).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2,500 yard swim on Wednesday?! You'll be in great shape for tri season.
    I know I need to seriously ramp up the swim yardage, but I'm having too much fun with winter running at present.

    ReplyDelete