Product

Sunday, November 24, 2013

November 17th through 23rd-Surviving Li'l Rhody

Sunday-WTAC Li'l Rhody Runaround. 50:24, 12th
Li'l Rhody Results
Li'l Rhody is my club's signature race.  Being a committed member of the club, I felt obliged to run this race.  As an added bonus, my favorite race, the Mews 5k, is not conflicting this year.  Not being a good trail runner and being injury prone, I was very nervous about running this one.  Going in, my goal was to finish unscathed.  I wanted to run somewhat hard, but had no intentions of killing myself on the technical trails.  After a mile or so, I was locked in behind Gazelle Walker and this tall dude, who I later found out was accomplished local runner Brian McNeice.  Throughout the race nothing overly eventful happened.  On the non-technical parts, I felt really good, while I quickly fatigued when the terrain became difficult.  I happily finished behind Gazelle, while holding off McNeice.  After the race, I enjoyed some homemade soup and chatted with other runners.  Having run tons of races over the years, this one stands out as a unique race.  The soup, stove fires, and park make this race a really neat experience for any runner.  Congrats to various WTAC runners who ran strong races!  On another positive note, we ended up with a record number of participants.  Very cool. (10)

Monday-Swim

Tuesday-5 mile run, strength work

Workout Wednesday-10 miles w/ Gazelle incorporating 5X400 and 5X200 at HELL Field.
Solid one.

Thursday-am 5 miles at 430 w/Gazelle-Hospital Loop from his crib.
pm-4 miles really easy w/Lu

Friday-Random.
2+ miles on the treadmill easy
10 minutes on the bike
15 minutes of swimming

Saturday-5 miles w/Lulu and Shara easy

Totals:
Miles:7x, 41
Lulu: 2X, 9 miles
Swim, 2X, ? distance
Bike: 0X
Cor: 2X

No comments:

Post a Comment