Product

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August 4th through August 10th

Sunday: 6.5 mile recovery run on local, 7:45 pace.
Later in the day, 1 mile on the beach with Boumenot.

Monday: a.m. 20 mile bike ride, mix of hills on country roads and beach roads.
p.m. 1/2 mile ocean swim

Tuesday: a.m.  445 Track Workout at WHS with Boumenot.
7X400 w/400 recovery..splits ranged from 77 to 70.
1X200 in 30 seconds at the end.

My alarm never went off and I almost slept through the workout.  I jumped out of bed at 4:38, texted Mike, and busted over to the track.  I swear I was half asleep when I started running but didn't want to miss this one.  Meanwhile in North Stonington, Wakey Wakey probably popped open one of his eyes right at 445 and laughed at me as he worked on his beauty rest. Knowing that summer is nearing it's end, I know I'll be limited to only a few more of these fun early morning workouts.

Maybe Wakey Wakey has the right idea!



p.m. 4 miles on local roads..first 3 on my own, last mile with Lulu.

Wednesday: am-52 mile ride with Schonning and Duda..
Very humbling ride, found out what it is like to try to ride with the big boys.
Averaged 19.2 mph
Climbed 1581 ft.
Time: 2 hrs, 40 minutes
Longest ride ever

pm-WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run, 17:37
Warmed up with Boumenot and Jonny Eckel for about a mile.  Throughout the warmup and before the run, I felt tired and flat.  After helping out with the kids' run and recording times, I threw on my headphones and hoped to get an honest run in so I could help out with timing.  Once the run got going, I hung with the lead pack and figured they'd drop me like a bad habit.  With a half mile to go, I sat in 5th place and was pretty happy with my effort after my morning ride.  I was able to pick off a few more guys and finished strong.  Very happy with the effort.
(4)


Thursday: am-3/4 of a mile swim from the Town Beach with Schonning.  It was really choppy out there today and I think I drank a gallon of salt water.  With the chop, I couldn't get into much of a rhythm.

pm-5 mile run on local roads..I felt beat..not sure of pace.

Friday:am- Swim at the Y..not sure of exact yards, but did some solid volume for me and felt strong.
Highlight of the workout..3X50 on a minute..all reps sub 40..
pm-3+ miles in the rain.

Saturday: am- 2 mile barefoot beach run on the thick sand of Weekapaug Beach with Lulu, my cousin Pat, and his dog Lily.
pm-3+ miles from Misquamicut.

Totals:
Running: 8X, 33 miles
Lulu's Running: 3X, 5+ miles
Lulu's Swim: 1X in the ocean and she was not a happy camper.
Swim: 3X, 2 1/4 mile
Bike: 2X, 72 miles
Core: 1X 15 minutes of stretching.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that's me! And you are correct, at 4:45 I was blissfully unaware of your track madness...but I did run 3 miles this evening for a free beer! Can't get that at an early a.m., huh? And I met Amby Burfoot...can't get that either ;)

    ReplyDelete