Product

Sunday, August 25, 2013

August 25th through August 31st.

Sunday-a.m.5+ miles..did an out-an-back run from my house towards Misquamicut.  Threw in some minute hard/minute easy segments.  Felt queasy and sick at the end of the run.  I think I can attribute it between not letting my breakfast digest and running hard.
p.m. 2+ miles with Lulu on local roads at a more chilled pace.

Monday-Swim at the Y..35 minutes of total swimming..mix of drills, 4X50, etc.  Good stuff.

Tuesday-6 miles..5 of those miles in the book on Strava..approx. 40 minutes..local roads.

Wednesday-Schonning 5k, 16:49, 1st Results
Huge WTAC Turnout!  Strong performances all around.  I was especially impressed by the young guns..Matthew Walker and Jonny Eckel.  Being friends with Steve Schonning, I was especially pleased with the win.  The course was a little short, but I'm happy with this one regardless.  Fun event.

Thursday-Brick Workout with Gazelle.
16+ mile bike w/Gazelle-had a strong, wind aided effort on an Atlantic Ave. Strava segment.
2.5 mile run that we brought Lulu along for..solid workout and I felt pretty tired at the end.

Friday-6+ miles..just under 40 minutes..solid effort.

Saturday-Gazelle Country Hill Session-53 mile ride..
Over 2000 ft of climbing.  This ride was definitely challenging and I could feel it in the legs, especially when walking down stairs in the evening.  We finished the ride by taking a much needed iced coffee break at Dave's-thanks for the treat Gazelle!  Fun ride, good stuff.

Totals:
Run: 6X, 27 miles
Lulu: 3X, 6 miles
Swim: 1X, 1 mile
Bike: 2X, 69 miles
Core/Stretch: almost none..

Synopsis: Very busy week with school back at full speed.  I wish I could have swam more and need to do so with the OCT Tri still coming up.  I was happy with my bike and run training this week. It's also been good to get Lulu out there a bit more, even as the humidity is still lurking.

No comments:

Post a Comment