Product

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 11th through August 17th

Sunday-pushups, pullups, abs..
4 miles easy w/Lulu at 7:15 pace.

Monday-woke up with a sore throat and headache.  Hi, Ragweed!
a.m. swim
p.m. 17 mile ride on local roads...put together a nice segment on Ocean View Highway that I was happy with. Feeling worse and headachy after ride.

Tuesday-a.m. Sorry Boumenot!  Cancelled on track workout, still not feeling good
p.m. 3 mile run and 45 minute spin class at the Y.  Still feeling funky, but trying to tough it out.

Wednesday-am..1 mile swim with Schonning, Duda, Orlando, and Western Mass Guy Hutch.  Despite how I was feeling physically, I probably had my best swim of the year.  Finished up with a light 3 mile jog on the beach.

pm. Napped after work, felt groggy and headachy, but wasn't missing out on one of the last WTAC Fun Runs of the year.  Warmed up with Boumenot..ran 17:27 while wheezing most of the time.  It was my fastest run of the season at these runs.  Thrilled with the result, but can't make sense of it.  Running is weird.  Cooled down with Muddy. (5)

Thursday-6 mile run..did the last 2 at a light pace with Lulu.  Not sure of pace.
About an hour later went for a 10 mile light spin on my hybrid through Misquamicut.
Landed some meds from the doc and hope to be feeling like myself soon.

Friday-Started things off with a solid 7 miler at 5 am with Boumenot.  As we finished the run, I joined Steve Schonning for a mile swim.  Great start to a great day.

Saturday-55 mile ride with Gazelle from his place, through Stonington,out to the North Stonington hills, onto Cossaduck Hill (the nastiest hill I've ever rode on), to Griswold up to 165, past Buttonwood Farms, into Voluntown, and back 49.  This ride was a monster and it was awesome!!! I think Gazelle is plenty strong to tackle Firmman on the bike.  If I ever expect to really improve on the bike, I need to keep doing these rides.  Neck was quite sore on the left side by the end of the ride.
*Longest ride Ever

"I chew up 5k runners and spit them out."

Crutch Country..well worth the view


Totals:
Run Miles: 6X, 28 miles
Lulu's miles: 2X, 6 miles
Swim: 3X, 4500 yds
Bike: 4X, 97 miles (equivalent with spin) *Most riding ever..
Core/Stretch/Strength: 1X, 20 minutes

1 comment:

  1. You're putting together some good bike rides. Going to be at the fun run tonight? I might make a rare appearance.

    ReplyDelete