Product

Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 9th through June 15th

Sunday-4 miles, 6:30 pace w/ Lulu and stretched after.

Monday-45 minute spin class at Y with Gazelle.  Tough.

Tuesday-Dog Watch Fun Run 5k, 1802, 5:43 p/mile pace
Mile 1:5:51
Mile 2: 5:38
Mile 3: 5:45

Nasty night with massive rains and humidity.  The rain held off for the run itself.  I was able to make a quick one mile warmup. At the starting line I made a gentlemen's deal with Gazelle to run the first loop at 630 pace.  With the high humidity, I had no idea of pace and we were even chatting it up as we stayed within striking distance of the lead kid.  After cruising through the mile in 5:51, I apologized to the Gazelle for messing up.  He quickly said it was fine and that he'd finish the first lap at that pace.  After we came through the first lap, I pushed a little harder and separated from the lead kid.  Once I hit the second mile, I started to feel really heavy and relaxed a bit on the final mile reminding myself that I was there for a workout not race.  Short warmdown with Gazelle and a quick beverage before the rains returned.
(5)

Wednesday-
a.m. 1000yd swim at the Y with Gazelle

p.m.WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run 5k
17:47...5:37 p/mile average

Mile 1: 524
Mile 2: 551 (horrible)
Mile 3: 538


With these races being put on by my club and being right down by the beach, they stand out as my favorite running events of the year.  The joy of a fun run is that people can run at whatever pace they'd like.  Prior to the run, I was contemplating what to do because my heel was really bothering me.  I could feel some pain and tightness throughout the day and certainly didn't want to make it worse. That being said, I also love to go to battle, especially in the 5k (hence my nickname).  After chatting up with friends and club members I watched the kids race take off.  It's always fun to watch the excitement on the little tikes faces.  I didn't really warmup for this one and kind of shook it off...it's a fun run, right?

As Tommy McCoy was about to start the run, I asked him to wait a second for Jeff.  I no sooner reminded Tom to wait for the Gazelle and there he was.   Some young guns immediately took it out and I jumped in the mix.  Moving through the first mile, I felt sore and tight.  I also felt someone right on my back.  Every time I took a corner, I tried to accelerate and lose him.  It's turns out this competitor was a high schooler named Nick Celico, who made some serious improvements from just a year ago.  I couldn't shake the kid.  He sat right behind me until around the 2 mile mark when I was finally able to make a small break.  From there, I was able to hold on to the finish.  Nick cruised in 10 seconds after me and the Gazelle came through shortly after that.


Fun night, but I'm feeling the need to take a few days off of running with my foot acting up.
(4)

Thursday-intention of doing another spin class, but it ended up being cancelled.
Hit the weights instead..did pullups, pulldowns, shoulder work, planks, and core.

Friday-1500yd swim at the Y.  This would be my last swim prior to them closing the pool.  This was a very solid workout!

Saturday-3 mile run with Lulu on the beach, followed up with a 12 mile ride on the hybrid. Met with Gazelle in the afternoon for what felt like a mile swim.

Totals:
Run miles: 4X, 16 miles
Lulu: 2X, 7 miles
Bike: 2X, 27 miles (equivalent)
Swim: 3X, 4000yd
Core/Strength: 1X, 45 minutes
Chiro Visits: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment