Product

Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23rd through June 29th

Sunday-I actually slept in for a change..made it to 7:30 am..can't even come up with the last time I slept that late..maybe the long sleep is due to the depressing Bruins loss last night, maybe it's from trying up with the Gazelle...hmm..

3.75 mile loop in the heat...22:55.  I came home mapped it out, did some calculations and figured out I was running 6:06 pace..I'll take it.

Post run stretching and weights..bench press/curl rotation.

Monday-took the hybrid out for a 45 minute ride (sightseeing journey) through Misquamicut.  When it's busy down in Misquamicut, I'm reluctant to go play on the road bike.  Beach traffic and cycling do not mix well.  The scary moment of the day came right as I proceeded through a green  traffic light by the intersection of Winnapaug and Shore Road.  Following the rules of the road, I carefully progressed through the intersection and this lady came really close to taking me out.  I was a but baffled by the whole interaction and was careful not to drop any explicits.  Shortly after, an SUV pulled up aside of me.  I immediately thought to myself, "Here we go!"  Turns out it was Boumenot and his son Connor to my pleasant surprise.  We chatted for a minute and Boumenot opted not to run me down (He said I had nothing to worry about, I'm not in his age group).   The rest of the ride was fun and uneventful.  When I came home, I stretched for a bit.

Tuesday-  a.m. Speed workout with Muddy..2 mile warmup, 8X200m w/200 m jog rest.  Splits were around: 34, 35, 34, 33, 33, 33, 32, 31..1 mile warmdown and then on to my day job!

p.m. Dog Watch Fun Run 5k..around 20 minutes..Mike Boumenot was my wing man tonight..we cruised down to the Borough in the Mustang and then cruised the streets on foot together.  Fun night with a ton of laughs! Mile cooldown.
(10)

Wednesday-WTAC Tom McCoy Fun Run 5k, 17:45 5:37/mile, 3rd
1 mile warmup with Boumenot.  Prior to the run, I was once again contemplating exactly how hard I wanted to run.  On a rather humid night, the Fun Run was packed with talent tonight.  College runner JP, Nick Celico, Muddy, Johnny Miles, Gazelle, Boumenot, and the Junior Gazelle's!!  Throw that line up together and you have yourself a track meet.

Going into this one I had the plan on trying to run even.  I thought to myself, "5:50s would be nice."  As the run went out, JP immediately took command and never looked back.  Young gun Nick was immediately right on my tail.  Jonny took the bait as well as we cruised through the first mile in 531.  The second and slowest mile we hit in 548.  Once we hit Crandall Ave., my heavy legs started to yell at me as the race moved on (I'll blame it on the track workout!). I told Nick to go after it and closed out the last mile in 534.  JP and Nick Celico took care of business tonight.  The young bucks made me feel old and tired.  Mile cooldown with Boumenot, JP, and good girl runner Brandi.

Lazy Thursday-I didn't feel like doing much of anything after work today.  My body kept telling to take a nap instead of working out.  Working out prevailed..push-pull routine (pushup sets, bentover rows, abs), bench routine (bench press, single handed kettlebell rows, medicine ball twists), pull-up routine (pull-ups, curls, abs), and finished off with some stretching.

Friday-Headed off to the Charlestown Breachway with Gazelle and Boumenot for Round 2 of our Friday Beach Run/Ocean Splash sessions.  Prior to the run we made a quick stop by St. James Chapel to see if Muddy Puddin' would be joining us.  We didn't spot him, so we headed down to the beach.  We ran local beach roads that were nice and flat on this humid morning.  Today was especially enjoyable because it didn't feel like anybody really wanted to push the pace.  In the last mile of the run, we all ditched our shoes and ran barefoot down to the beach.  As soon as we finished running, the rain poured down and we hit the water.  On the way home, Mike treated us to some coffees from D & D.  Awesome!  (7.5)

Strength session: push-ups, pullups, shoulder exercises, rows, medicine ball twists..some stretching.

Saturday-42 mile ride with Gazelle from his house, through town, out to Greenhaven Road, to North Main Street, roads/farms/hills of North Stonington, and finally made the trek back home on Rt. 216.  Today's ride was a sufferfest and I enjoyed every minute of it. Besides the start of the ride, we rode rolling hills almost the entire time.  I'm hoping these kind of workouts will help out come tri time.  We hit Dave's Coffee at the end of the ride for some much needed iced.  Sign me up for more of these!

North Stonington Farm Country/Winery

5k can't hang!
Wakey, wakey Crutch!
Someone hit the zzz button



Totals:
Run: 4X, 27 miles
Lulu run: 0
Bike: 2X, 57 miles
Swim: 0
Core/Stretch/Weights: 3X, 70 minutes

Synopsis: Overall, a very good run week.  To my blog followers out there, my mileage may not look like much, but it's the most distance I've covered in awhile.  I'm still feeling the IT Band and bursitis in the heel area.  However, it doesn't feel as irritated as it once did.  For now, I'll take it.  I'm very happy with the distance of my weekly bike ride with Gazelle and quality of my strength workouts.  Despite the fact that I'm not running fast right now, I am enjoying training and the variety of activity.

Downsides:
-I did not get a swim in.
-No run for Lulu (humidity played a factor.

2 comments:

  1. I went the opposite route, and skipped the beauty rest in favor of a 10+ mile jaunt with the crew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are hilarious...and must have taken that picture of my driveway right before I let the dog out for his walk. Glad to see your suffering took place in my neighborhood, as I get to suffer here all the time on scenic country roads with no traffic whatsoever :)

    ReplyDelete