Product

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 30th through October 6th

Sunday, September 30th
Sinus Infection..down for the count
15 minutes of stretching

Monday, October 1st
6 miles on local roads
Major sinus pain and reactions to meds.

Tuesday, October 2nd
Easy 4 miles with Kelsey and Lu.
Still not feeling well.
15 minute stretch at end of the run

Wednesday, October 3rd
5ish..

I'm starting to feel like my antibiotics are doing their job.  The havoc those nasty drugs have wrecked on my stomach is another story, but that's a subject that would be best left alone in this blog.  I ran the first two miles of the run lightly with Kelsey before hitting up Hell Field for some repeats.  I figured if my headache came back, then at least I was in the right place for it.

6X400m with 30 seconds rest
(75, 76, 74, 73, 71, 70)

While I'm not thrilled with all of the physical issues I'm dealing with, I need to start incorporating speed work back into my routines.  Quality is always worth more than quantity.

15 minutes of stretching

Thursday, October 4th
a.m. 15 minute light stretch
p.m. quick 4 miles..not sure of pace, varied my effort.

Friday, October 5th
6 solid miles..neighborhoods and sand trail before heading up to Western MA for my cousin Pat's wedding.  Headache and stomach issues...ughh...

Saturday, October 6th
a.m. While spending much of the morning doing best man duties and taking care of last minute business, my cousin Pat asks me if I wanted to grab a quick run before it all began?  "Pat, I think we will be able to make time.  I took him to the Northampton Community Gardens, which has a nice trail system for an easy 3 miles.  We probably covered it in about 28 minutes.  The trails were less than a mile from where the Hotel Northampton-the site of the reception!

p.m.-the wedding and 4 hours of some serious dancing!

Weekly totals:
Miles: 28
Core/Stretch/Weights: 60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment