Product

Monday, October 29, 2012

October 28th through November 3rd

Sunday, October 28th
6 miles
Warmed up  for 3 miles with Kelsey and checked out the roaring surf!  Stopped by Hell Field for a quick workout..
800-400-800-400-400-200-200
(236, 75, 231, 75, 73, 35, 35)
As usual, not sure of exact measurements but I assume the distances are pretty close based on effort.  I was feeling the wind throughout the workout and wondered how my WTAC friends made out at the Charlestown 5k in Ninigret Park.  Ran a mile cool down home and then rushed to a Lowe's to purchase an emergency sump pump in case Sandy gets nasty!

Monday, October 29th
a.m. 3 miles
With school cancelled and Hurricane Sandy moving in, I was chomping at the bit to check out some waves.  Since road access was closed off, there was only one way to get to the ocean..on foot!  Ran my loop and shot some pics by the overlook. It was kind of cool to have the entire place to myself.  I hit some serious gusts on my way home.  Followed up my run with some stretching and strength work.



p.m. 3 miles on the treadmill..19:40

Tuesday, October 30th
Let the clean-up begin..massive leaf racking and yard work.
Easy 4 miles with Kelsey and Lu.  Roads of Weekapaug were shut down to traffic but we made the trek down on foot.  From the sounds of it, Weekapaug is in much better shape than Misquamicut,

Wednesday, October 31st
a.m. 7 miles..
Part 1: I really wanted to check out Misquamicut with Kelsey, so I decided to park at Champlain and attempt to make a trek down.  Unfortunately, we do not have Gazelle skills and were immediately turned back from any direction we tried to go.  Instead we cruised around Shore Road, Champlain, and finally went down to the salt pond through Lathrop to check things out.

Part 2: Let's try things from the other side!  Struck out on the other side of Atlantic Ave as well.  Ran another 4 miles through Weekapaug with Lu.

p.m. 15 minute stretch

Thursday, November 1st
3 mile warm-up with Kelsey before she dumped me off at Hell Field to do some work.
8X300m ranging from 57 to 60 seconds.  I tried to focus on my turnover throughout the reps and didn't worry about my times since I'm not sure of the accuracy of the distance anyway.  I felt really good and strong today.  This workout was a confidence builder.
2 mile cool down.

Friday, November 2nd
Took advantage of not having school by meeting up with Jeff at 7 am for an 11 miler through the newest Westerly Land Trust Property and Woody Hill.  The run was awesome and it is always nice to explore and play on new trails.  We did a ton of "bushwacking" today.  The whole experience reminded of one of my favorite tag team wrestling groups growing up.

                                     Luke and Butch?  Or Jeff and Tom?

Saturday, November 3rd
4 easy miles with Kel and Lu at Ninigret.
Overly tired today and not sure why.


Weekly Totals:
Mileage: 43
Strength/Stretching: 35 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Ah, now I understand your analogy on the bushwhacking Friday! We'll get you out there again one day when the trails are in better shape. Thanks for the company.

    ReplyDelete